Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A recent for sale post got me thinking...what project ideas have people come across to make use of an end of life hpa bottle?

Vwcampervanmarkuk

Apr 13, 2020
Midlands, UK
A recent for sale post got me thinking...what project ideas have people come across to make use of an end of life hpa bottle?
Pictures and links would be welcome thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Pictures and links would be welcome thanks
If you can work our the right angle for balance (and/or fill the remnants of the bottle with ballast) then they can be cut at an angle as a gun stand.

This example has been made as opposed to modified from an old cylinder:

Other ideas are cutting the top off a cylinder and rounding the edges to make a mug, a lamp stand (example is from a gun, but could be a cylinder), making jars (you could do this just by removing the regulator)

EB165EF9-82E6-4713-A5DB-1A55EE0383EA.jpeg26FF5A5F-8046-4D93-9B6A-E3367E3D9A93.jpegFC70A39A-A6B0-44C5-872B-4FB9D1FB7EBC.jpeg

Remember that 4500psi cylinders are reinforced with glass fibre so be extra careful ..... gloves and mask as a minimum to protect from the dust, and it should go without saying to empty the cylinder and remove the regulator and / or fill nipple, burst discs etc

Reactions: Vwcampervanmarkuk

Vwcampervanmarkuk

Apr 13, 2020
Midlands, UK
If you can work our the right angle for balance (and/or fill the remnants of the bottle with ballast) then they can be cut at an angle as a gun stand.

This example has been made as opposed to modified from an old cylinder:

Other ideas are cutting the top off a cylinder and rounding the edges to make a mug, a lamp stand (example is from a gun, but could be a cylinder), making jars (you could do this just by removing the regulator)

View attachment 67723View attachment 67724View attachment 67725

Remember that 4500psi cylinders are reinforced with glass fibre so be extra careful ..... gloves and mask as a minimum to protect from the dust, and it should go without saying to empty the cylinder and remove the regulator and / or fill nipple, burst discs etc
The gun stand idea looks awesome and I love coffee so a mug sounds so cool. As my wife would testify I have bugger all imagination so finding it hard to visualise how a handle could be fitted and from what..Any ideas ?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The gun stand idea looks awesome and I love coffee so a mug sounds so cool. As my wife would testify I have bugger all imagination so finding it hard to visualise how a handle could be fitted and from what..Any ideas ?
This type of camping mug has a handle screwed in with short bolts.
7C2095E5-3C0D-4706-A330-F18EB1683F34.png
It would mean drilling and tapping a threaded hole. But not going all the way into the cylinder and generating a leak!

A bent bit of metal would suffice rather than a karibiner - I wouldn’t expect that you would be hanging a cylinder mug off your belt etc!

Reactions: Vwcampervanmarkuk

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
As mentioned your fibre wrapped bottles have a layer of fibres on the outside, i'm not sure I would be wanting to put those to my mouth in the form of a mug. Aluminium bottles or steelies as people insist on calling them have a wall thickness of around 10mm so if you cut one of those in half with a hack saw it's going to take a lot longer than you would think.

Vwcampervanmarkuk

Apr 13, 2020
Midlands, UK
As mentioned your fibre wrapped bottles have a layer of fibres on the outside, i'm not sure I would be wanting to put those to my mouth in the form of a mug. Aluminium bottles or steelies as people insist on calling them have a wall thickness of around 10mm so if you cut one of those in half with a hack saw it's going to take a lot longer than you would think.
Good point