The Home Of European Paintball

A Red Revolution ....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The Red Legion Wave

As some of you may have guessed, I’ve had a sabbatical of sorts this past year or so.
It’s not what I would have chosen but without going into too much detail, the welfare of my family comes first.
The upshot of this hiatus has resulted in an unplanned/unwanted absence from P8ntballer.com, for which, I must duly apologise and at the same time thank Dusty for making sure everything on here was ok.

As a forum, we’ve chronicled some of our sport’s most celebrated achievements, and of course, most scandalous affairs - I don’t much care for the latter these days but we’ve never shirked from confronting them.
For anybody who needs convincing re the authority/popularity of our forum, I think I'm right in saying that we had one thread attracting over a half million visits which is a record for any paintball forum anywhere.
I cannot end this paragraph without paying due respect to two people who’ve been there for me.
Most of you guys will probably guess their names but if you don’t, then for my peace of mind if nothing else, they need accrediting, and they are Jim Montgomery [Dusty] and Ledzy.
If they hadn't stepped in when they did, I wouldn't be writing this out now …… As I once mentioned, the greatest thing about paintball is the people you meet and the friends you make.
I need say no more on the subject !

But what now?
I think it’s safe to suggest our sport and industry have been treading water this past decade with no real advances from our industry or indeed on the field of play …. Until now, that is !
There was a time when I was fearful of where we were headed but thankfully, we seem to have arrested the slide, and somehow managed to level out.
Whether this was thru design or accident, who the fuhk cares?

Whilst, we’re not exactly moving mountains toward a brighter future, a new initiative has appeared on the scene, the like of which I’ve never seen before - that sounds a bit dramatic but that’s because it is.
And it’s the brain-child of a guy called Sergey Leontiev, and his staff.
For those of you who don’t know him, or indeed haven’t heard of him, he’s the owner of the formerly named Russian Legion, now known as the Red Legion.
At this point, I’d better declare a pretty large dollop of self-interest here inasmuch as Sergey is a friend of mine but that doesn’t mean to say I’m gonna big him up if he doesn’t deserve it - I save that particular indulgence for myself.
I’ve known Sergey for over 15 years or so - We've never been in each other's pockets as such but he's more than an associate - it’s been an unlikely friendship that’s for sure - mainly because Sergey isn’t the sort of guy you meet down the boozer, or indeed, around a paintball team.. or so you’d think.

Sergey and myself stuffing our faces in some 'La de Da' restaurant somewhere in London ...

I’ll be writing an article on Sergey for p8ntballer.com detailing our friendship and hopefully give you guys an idea of what he’s like - that will be posted up soon enough but for the time-being, I’ll concern myself with Sergey’s nascent brain-child, the Red Legion Wave ….

WTF is that all about you may well ask ….
It’s a unique opportunity for any serious-minded baller, or team, to learn the fundamentals of our game and take their game up to another level.
Sergey and his staff have created a paintball academy with but one intention, and that is to provide their customers [players and teams] with a sophisticated array of teaching aids designed to drastically improve teams and players alike.

This all might sound quite wonderful but can they really deliver on their promise or is it just another scheme to detach you from your hard-earned money?

I’ll say this much, if you complete the course, or whatever package you may choose, you will have all the essential techniques and strategies to play pro paintball.
However, this is just the start; an integral part of your training will be how best to develop your team upon leaving the training academy.
You’ll possess all the necessary tools - all that’ll be left is your commitment to see it through.

And so, what is this Red Legion Wave all about?
It’s a style of paintball based upon an attack-minded paradigm whereupon the advantages of aggressive play are defined, extracted and communicated to you.

Sergey has managed to distil the most critical elements of play and arrange them in such a way as to systematically instil them into an attack-orientated strategy.
Now, it’s all well and good saying things like, ‘Attacking play is better than counter-punch paintball’ [defensive] but quite another to teach this as a coherent and practical approach for training.

If you think about any team game such as football, rugby, whatever, an attack-orientated strategy will always pay dividends just as long as it’s done correctly.

As to why?
The ‘attack’ advantage is manifold but it’s not an easy approach to adopt - and this is why you need to be taught the theory, and shown how best to execute the technical elements of play.
As a basic insight into this attack-minded paradigm, if a team plays aggressively, and here I’m talking about one aspect of an attack, you will move up-field and automatically acquire real-estate.

If you possess the appropriate firing techniques such as gun-running then you’ll create elimination opportunities merely by flattening the angles of attack as you move forward.
Obviously, you’ll need a preparatory strategy but this is done as a real-time process as the game develops.

Attacking paintball relies heavily on the technical aspects of your team coupled with the appropriate timing of the move forward.
There’s absolutely no point in moving forward just for the sake of it, that ain’t gonna work, and this is where the Red Legion Wave comes into its own.
Good timing is a derivative of real-time data being processed quickly and accurately, for the purposes of an attack.
It will equip you with the knowledge, the strategy and techniques required to launch a co-ordinated/coherent advance up-field.
This doesn’t happen overnight, it has to be practiced many times but when your team’s technical mind-set has caught up with your strategic game-play, you can then start to play like a pro.

This whole enterprise lives or dies on what you’ll learn from the coaching staff and how well you integrate what you’ve been taught [theory-wise] with how you play as a team.
And if there’s any doubt regarding the integrity of what you’ll learn from the Red Legion guys then just take a look at their playing profile over the last 15 years or so - it’s phenomenal !

Sergey and his teaching staff have spent many hours refining the theory and practice that underwrites the Red Legion’s playing strategy as well as developing its arsenal of techniques.

The Red Legion Wave strategy is not just a philosophy of play; it’s a derivative of hundreds of games over the years collated alongside a theoretical framework designed to produce a better, fitter and more sophisticated team/player.

The road to improvement and excellence can be found at www.redlegionpaintball.com

Sign on to the Russian bandwagon and join the pros ….

Last edited: