Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A story which got me.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Over the weekend I heard a story which made me think there was a ninja chopping onions nearby.

As some of you may know I am a Taekwondo instructor, one of the other chaps who teaches is also a fireman. Last year he attended a traffic accident where a 16 year old girl had to be cut out of her car and is now paralysed from the breast bone down. That's sparing you the details of her injuries for now.

Anyway, this guy gets a call from a man who wants his son to start TKD to give him some focus, he'd been badly affected by his sister's condition and explained what had happened. Small world, he didn't realise he was talking to the man who carried his daughter to the ambulance that night.

The family is trying to raise 55K for stem cell research in the States. That's the long and short of it. The Taekwondo instructors will be doing a sponsored hike with a load of kids at the end of April ish to raise as much as we can. Come the time I'll be begging you lovely people for a small donation, even if only £1 it will all help. As some of you may remember, this forum has organised fundraisers for worth causes in the past and raised substantial amounts of money. In fact, between the two most recent (which were a couple of years ago at this stage) you lot generously donated in excess of £10000 pounds.

I'm not expecting that much but if I could get a few hundred I'd appreciate it. So if you don't mind skipping your next big mac meal and sending me the money instead, I'd be eternally grateful.

https://www.gofundme.com/k73sux3s if you would prefer to donate directly, we're hoping to skip the gofundme fees though and hand them a big cheque.

https://www.facebook.com/Anastassiyas-Recovery-703124783153484/ - feel free to share this page around as far as you can.

As you can see, she's a stunning young lady. 16 years old and overnight had her ability to walk removed, yet smiling in all her therapy and rehabilitation photos.

If anyone wishes to donate an item which I can auction, or would like to make a financial donation please do feel free to PM me or reply on this thread. I know it's not a paintballer involved but sometimes, just sometimes, a complete strangers life can be changed by a random act of kindness.

Thanks everyone.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Is there a paypal account we can send money to?

I'll pull something out of my stash and you can auction it.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Thanks guys, I'll probably use my paypal again but will give more details closer to the time.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Got a pack and a jersey for you to auction. Shall I send them to the usual address?

I'll paypal something to you as well.