Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A5 Vs ION

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
The A5 with flatline will fire further but paint slows down and will probably make a lesser impact and not burst on the target due to the back spin. I use an ion as it is lighter, smaller and fires quicker from the box where as the tippmann is heavier will probably need an electronic trigger or some mod to increase bps

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
Tom37 said:
got one for my angel... used to be on the a5
So the barrel for the A5 fits the Angel ??

They look like very decent barrels, but a barrel upgrade will have to wait. I'm unsure now about A5 Flatline Vs ION. What I may end up doing is getting an ION with a hammerhead for longer scenarios and a Flatline and regulator for my A5 for the 'up close and personal' scenarios.

However as always funds are an issue, so I also have to decide what order to get these. :p

I'm thinking of the ION because it's like getting the E-Grip and Regulator all in one go, although I wouldn't be able to afford a decent hopper with it so my ROF would be limited.

Any suggestions ? It's for the Frontline Paintball walk-on days, as well as Bawtry walk-on days. (Havn't been to Bawtry at all yet, so a little unsure about how that site will be.)

I currently have a stock A5, and I like to play up front, although on LOG 15 and LOG 7.5 @ Frontline I usually have problems getting close enough to be of much use, and accuracy / consistancy of my A5 reduces my kills an awful lot.

I suppose another option would be to order a Palmer regulator for my A5, but then it might not arrive in time for the 6th. (Next Frontline walk-on day.)

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
Ah oki.

Umm, yes I'm looking through the second hand stuff, but I havn't found a second hand ION or Palmer regulator yet. (Nor a Flatline)

You don't by any chance know of a second hand sale somewhere do you ?

Cheers.

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
Well as I said - I'm limited by funding. This has started off from an £80 flatline and has gone upto a £135 ION and a £35 Q-Lock. I can't really afford anymore, infact I'm not sure if I can afford that yet, I'll have to see.