Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Action Camera

Martins fau5tz

Ark Angel
Sep 11, 2013
Wolverhampton
Hi.
Im about to purchuase action cam. Cant deside.
ContourHD GPS or Repla XD1080?

For helmet cam and barrel cam.

Best barrel cam mount for them?

Your experience.

Thanks.

Reactions: Huni J

nutz247

Nov 3, 2009
near windsor
Contour are geat but they have gone bust so don't know how future support there will be for their product. I use contour myself so was disappointed to see them go:(

Reactions: Kelv-Pedro

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For the same reasons as Shane I would say contour

An additional point is that other than some older contour models, the contour can be fitted to standard camera threaded mounts as well as the slide on contour mount
That means you can go for contour specific mounts or generic mounts
Handle bar mounts can then be used for mounting on the barrel (either contour specific or a generic threaded mount)

Shop around and the closure of contour could bring you a bargain

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ps I prefer goggle mount, it means you probably film the edge of your goggles and may get film of tree trunks or hoppers, but with a barrel mount you get a lot of film of the ground

Either way you can mount as you like & also switch
Even better if you can get multiple cameras - best of both worlds but more editing!

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
I bought one of these from amazon and so far been very happy - I figured £60 for something I might get shot is a fair price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sports-Camera-featuring-Degree-Built/dp/B00AQI4T1W

It's water proof and 12mb / 720 60 fps and 1080 30fsp so a real steal at £60.

The two mounts that come with it for helmet and under gun are really good also.

Regards,
Niloc65
Aka Colin
Split Personalities.

Reactions: Huni J

Martins fau5tz

Ark Angel
Sep 11, 2013
Wolverhampton
I bought one of these from amazon and so far been very happy - I figured £60 for something I might get shot is a fair price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sports-Camera-featuring-Degree-Built/dp/B00AQI4T1W

It's water proof and 12mb / 720 60 fps and 1080 30fsp so a real steal at £60.

The two mounts that come with it for helmet and under gun are really good also.

Regards,
Niloc65
Aka Colin
Split Personalities.
Can u link me to sum vid bud captured by it? If u dont mind. Ta

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I was all set to buy a Contour Roam 2 until I found out they went under. Thankfully was recently over in Canada and managed to pick up a new R7 Replay 1080 for a really good price (a fraction of the horrible UK price). I've been pretty damn impressed with it so far. Footage in both 1080p 30fps and 720p 60fps is very impressive, the FOV is great, although you could argue the colour is a lil over-saturated. So far I've only used in on the field with a homebrew goggle mount which I made by using parts of one of the included mounts and drilling a hole through the lense clip on my vForce Grills. Here's a pic of it:

The camera is really light so I didn't find that it upset the balance of my goggles, tbh I didn't even notice it most of the time. Unfortunately the day I used it I was using my pump gun, which as it's right feed meant that the majority of the time the target I was shooting at was blocked by the hopper. I'm playing another walk-on this Sunday where I'm gonna try with the included R7 mount on my Ego. As it's the standard mount it's unable to fit on the Planet Eclipse type of feedneck. Thankfully it's possible to clamp it onto the loader feedneck. Here's a pic of how that looks:

The included 4GB micro SD card isn't enough space. Although the camera has a battery life of over 2hrs recording I only managed less than 40mins of recording at 720p/60fps before it was full. Thankfully I have a 32gb card on it's way. One thing that is cool about it is that the memory card structure and video files are completely compatible with iMovie on the iPad, by using the SD Card adaptor I have been able to import footage onto my iPad for editing.

Martins fau5tz

Ark Angel
Sep 11, 2013
Wolverhampton
Personally i wud prefer contour just cuz it has changeable batteries so u r able to record full day. but i can get replay xd1080 just for £100 and saves me some money to get sum more PB gear ;) . as far i have seen Replay videos are pretty good so as contour !

Replay wud be more low profile where contour are more bulky

P8ntballer1988

Jul 8, 2013
Tamworth
I've got the plasma lights camera it was only 100 brand new and comes with loads of accessories, quality wise its brilliant 1080p recording and good sound quality, should be plenty of videos on youtube of video quality for it