Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice on altering and improving needed!

im afraid im guna have to tell you a few home truths for your own good.

that gun is 100% a PUMP gun

getting spares for it will be real hard

to he honest uness you gettin that real cheap i would not bother, those are real "dinosaur" guns. not realy anything you can do to make em better.

you would be alot better of getting a cheap Inferno or summin go to this link http://www.belsales.co.uk/99inf_blk1.jpg

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Oh..

I thought it was cheap! My friend said something about insurance, what did they mean? Do you have to insure the gun or something?? And I've got a barrel plug already. Thanks :confused:

<SpEcTrA>

Ooo.. pWitty colours!
Aug 27, 2002
manchester uk
www.microsoft.com
i think to be honest (because theres no way of getting your money back now) you should get the gun and go to a museum claming its from the 18th century and was the first paintball marker in the world(sure looks like it:p no offence) and maybe you will be made very rich!! :)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
yep without a doubt that is a pump gun, in fact its a VERY old pump gun i used to use one about 10 years ago and it wasnt exactly new then!!!
forget about parts for it cos you arnt gonna find em unless someone can custom make them for you!
on the up side they are quite acurate as i remember and as long as it has an auto trigger then its a bit of a collectors item.

for your first marker, id say you would be better off looking at spyders or if you have a bit of cash knocking about try and pick up a second hand cocker.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Jamie
when you say the bottle is legal i assume you mean it is DOT and not HSE?? even if it is DOT (american/european standard) its not gonna explode, its just a conforms to diffrent standards. the rules for most touraments say that european or american players bottles must conform to DOT it does not say that english players cannot use DOT bottles.

To use DOT means you have to fill it to do that and to not be a european/american doing it is ILLEGAL fullstop :mad:. All of this DOT v HSE has been covered and re-covered many times on here the result is the same.

Back on thread, that ancient marker will be an interesting conversation piece, Tyger may have some advice for you on what you can do with it, or if he is still about Dave Galsworthy of Proline (Sterling) fame as I remember him owning one.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
As far as I know, the HSE standards for composite wrapped bottles are slightly stricter than DOT ones - which is the reason why HSE bottles tend to be slightly more expensive.

I don't think anyone need worry too much over a bottle exploding. If you consider a 3000 psi/211 bar tank is tested at 4500 psi/300 bar and that in order to be HSE certified the actual burst pressure for that design of bottle cannot be less than _twice_ the test pressure (9000 psi/600 bar).

High pressure air has been on the paintball scene in the uk since about 1993 when Storm started using the Air America kits and I've not heard of any exploding bottles since then.

A far more likely problem is the bottle reg going wrong and suddenly pushing 3000psi through a low pressure hose from reg to gun. I've had that happen before while filling a bottle and having a hose go BANG! is not a pleasant experience :)

....or the threads on the bottle neck could strip and fire the bottle off the gun backwards.....or...

;)