Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice?

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
Proof of posting is sadly not proof of delivery,
Special delivery, although slightly more expensive, is guaranteed next day delivered signed for, so therefore no agro.
Well worth sending by that method for future reference.
I know this, all my parcels go recorded, unfortunately i did not send this parcel.

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
Unless you have an original receipt from when you bought the mask you have absolutely no chance of getting anything but your postage cost back from them in a claim
Recently the 'lost' a recorded parcel of mine and then 'lost' my proof of purchase when I claimed.....

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
For what its worth mate. Something going missing sucks. Hope things work out

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
This is why I don't advise selling stuff belonging to other people. Honestly, for the extra few pennies to pay for recorded delivery, I think it's 75p it's stupid not to. I don't understand why people get so wound up about saving £2 on shipping. Really?? 2 f*cking quid???

I think a new rule in classifieds should be to state

plus postage of your choice
or
to include appropriate postage in the sales price.

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
Yeah i know this mate, like i say, i send mind recorded regardless of cost.
I told my mate its down to him as he didnt send recorded so will get it sorted, thanks for everyones help.

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
Recorded Signed For with guaranteed signature on delivery
  • signature on delivery
  • costs 95p plus standard First or Second Class postage
  • price according to weight
  • free certificate of posting available
  • electronic proof of delivery
  • compensation for lost or damaged items, up to £46 (excludes cash and jewellery)
If your item needs guaranteed delivery, online tracking or is worth more than £46 we would recommend you consider using Special Delivery™

Last edited:

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
Special Delivery

• Track & Trace: from the moment your item leaves your hands to the moment it arrives at its destination
  • Signed for: view the signature online, just 10 minutes after your item is delivered
  • Money back guarantee: if it's not delivered on time, you’ll get your money back
How it works

Special Delivery is ideal for important items that must arrive tomorrow. All items receive priority treatment and travel through a separate, secure network.
Special DeliveryTM by 9am is for items up to 2kg.
Special DeliveryTM Next Day (delivery by 1pm) is for items up to 10kg. We also offer a guaranteed Saturday delivery for just £4.18.
Pop into any of our branches with your item. Or use our Online Postage service to buy and print your Special Delivery by 1pm label then take it into the Post Office with your item. You’ll need to pop in branch for Special Delivery by 9am items.

Use Special DeliveryTM by 9am and get up to £50 compensation for loss or damage. If your item is more valuable, you can get extra cover up to £2,500 for a small additional fee.
Use Special DeliveryTM Next Day and get up to £500 compensation cover for loss or damage. If your item is more valuable, you can get extra cover up to £2,500 for a small additional fee.
You’ll receive compensation if your item gets lost or damaged and when Royal Mail is at fault. You’ll need to provide your Certificate of posting and proof of value of the item sent, so make sure you pick this up when you post your item.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
Thanks for that but i know the terms of special and recorded delivery, and like i said i didn't post the item.

Could a mod close this thread please, its being dealt with accordingly.