Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Aftermarket stereo for KIA picanto 06...

Discussion in 'The Brain Box' started by roy2k14, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roy2k14 FE

roy2k14
    Message Count:
    Anyone have experience with KIA Picanto 06 model? Mine came with a stock stereo as you expect it to, bit of a pain(well, at least for me) as it doesn't have any usb port since its an old car. Anyone able to recommend any aftermarket stereo that will fit on a picanto 06?

Thanks

2. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    I can't help on a Kia and it's been years since I was swapping around stereos

But this should all be easy with the following to bear in mind:

An adaptor plug may be needed to connect a new standard wired stereo to the Kia wiring.
    A fascia adaptor will deal with any size discrepancy between a Kia original stereo and a standard new stereo

Things will be as 'simple' as unlocking the original one from the bodywork, checking manuals and online for where the hidden clips and screws are
    Then the new one is just plug and go
    (If your current one is coded then write it down so you can sell it on or put it back later when you sell the car)

If you go for a 'letterbox' size stereo new then anything will fit based on the above options, if you want something more functional that fills the space of modern cars then it's still a matter of some common standards, but will fit or won't
    Ask at a car shop or look for Kia forums

Halford's are pretty simple but bear in mind their 'fitting' is just a teenager in the shop unplugging your old one and plugging in the new one. Anything more complicated isn't for them
    I used Halford's fitting once because it was free, they failed because he was confused by extra wires because of my amps etc
    Telling him to just plug it in was a failure, (plug in the big plug, and plug in the amp out put plugs - just like they are plugged into my old one ...... ) he gave up and I plugged it in myself

3. roy2k14 FE

roy2k14
    Message Count:
    Thanks man, that's still very useful. Is there a particular model of stereo that will work on most cars? I have looked at most stereo and I think other than the wire adapter, I may also need a new KIA panel so it will fit?

4. Hansel So Hot Right Now.

Hansel
    Message Count:
  5. roy2k14 FE

roy2k14
    Message Count:
    Well I thought of that, but I'd thought give it a go anyways as I will have to sign up on the KIA forum whereas I don't on here.

6. Hansel So Hot Right Now.

Hansel
    Message Count:
    That makes sense.

7. Dskize bigmutharvatar

Dskize
    Message Count:
    Any stereo will work it's all about the correct facia for your model of car and the correct adapter for the cars wiring loom , can-bus or whatever ..... Car audio direct are brilliant and have a car by car search function

roy2k14 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.