Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Age limits on walk on days

Jazzygriz

Apr 20, 2021
Hi all,

Relatively new to paintball looking to buy a marker and get to some walk ons probably at pbk as that’s where I’ve played previously. Just wondering whether there is an age limit as keen to get my 12 year old involved too.

Likewise if different venues have different limits would be good to play elsewhere too!

Thanks
Jaz

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I don't think there's a minimum age, many sites do junior paintball which definitely include the age group you're interested in but what individual sites allow you'll only find out by contacting them, it's all down to what they're insured for and every site is different.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
There isn’t a true minimum age, the sites insurance may set an age.
With the arrival of low impact .50” the suitable ages dropped.
In theory this gives sites more flexibility if there are any stated ages in their risk assessment / insurance.

Back about 15 years ago the recommended age was often 13, and an adjustment was made for 12 year olds to attend a 13th birthday.

At around that time I began to take my nephew, and he was a little younger than the recommended age
(I can’t remember if he was 12 on the 13 recommendation, or 11 on the ‘older 12 year olds’ recommendation.)
I was taking him to a rental site that allowed us to come as walkons, and after a while then took him to scenario events with permission from the organisers

Not everyone is equal, so one child of 12 could be entirely at home, whereas another might need to wait a couple of years.

Walkons are very friendly but can be intense, so I’d recommend casing out your local first

Intensity might be water off a ducks back to him.
I lost my nephew at his first scenario. I knew he was still alive as my paint kept going down. He was all over the field and often running side by side with the site team who were acting as a bonus faction. He ended up with a player of the day award (actually a best dressed award, but he was picked for his playing)

Jazzygriz

Apr 20, 2021
There isn’t a true minimum age, the sites insurance may set an age.
With the arrival of low impact .50” the suitable ages dropped.
In theory this gives sites more flexibility if there are any stated ages in their risk assessment / insurance.

Back about 15 years ago the recommended age was often 13, and an adjustment was made for 12 year olds to attend a 13th birthday.

At around that time I began to take my nephew, and he was a little younger than the recommended age
(I can’t remember if he was 12 on the 13 recommendation, or 11 on the ‘older 12 year olds’ recommendation.)
I was taking him to a rental site that allowed us to come as walkons, and after a while then took him to scenario events with permission from the organisers

Not everyone is equal, so one child of 12 could be entirely at home, whereas another might need to wait a couple of years.

Walkons are very friendly but can be intense, so I’d recommend casing out your local first

Intensity might be water off a ducks back to him.
I lost my nephew at his first scenario. I knew he was still alive as my paint kept going down. He was all over the field and often running side by side with the site team who were acting as a bonus faction. He ended up with a player of the day award (actually a best dressed award, but he was picked for his playing)
Thanks for the great post Tom, sounds like a great time. We’ve taken him to a rental site once and seemed to relish the challenge.

Reactions: Tom

little c

warlords
Jan 18, 2003
nuneaton
My lads 12yrs old and plays.
All depends on your local sites insurance and age limits. We play at NPF Bassets Pole which is 10+ for paintball.
Speak with your local site.