Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Aggitating hoppers

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
I never used one with my Spyder (ahem, classic) for months. For obvious reasons - obviously I wasn't capable of shooting at such emence speeds back then and they classic wouldn't be able to keep up with some of the fire rates nowadays. But when using an Angel or Cocker you are destined to chop balls if you haven't got one! They most certainly are a must once you progress to a mid-high end paintgun.

Agitating hopper

I used to use a stock Pirhana (lent to us by our sponsor 6th Element paintball http://www.6e.net )and my problem wasn't rate of fire, but simply that the balls would get stuck and none would feed at all, so I'd have to shake the marker while firing (makes accurat shooting pretty difficult!). I played the majority of Simply the Best Speedaball with the same marker with an agitating hopper and it was sweeeet (make me wonder why I bought my Cocker sometimes...)

Richard

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
If you shake it back and forth in the direction the the barrel is pointing - then technically you should still be as accurate as before - but giving that little bit extra propulsion to the paintball as you shake it forward!! Could that be considered cheating getting the extra yardage??? lol :D

I like it

Or if you blew after each paintball, you could give them that little bit extra umph

or, if you blow at incoming balls, then they'd slow down and bounce (maybe you could use your crosswind fan, after all its not much good for anything else with the usual weather at a uk tourney!)

It must be late, I am making even less sense than usual!

Peace Y'all

Richard

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
If I used a standard hopper, I would chop balls like a champion. I have to use an agitating hopper with the X-Board to keep up with my finger. Otherwise, I would look like a wagner power painter shooting spray everywhere. Just depends on how fast you shoot.:D

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Why is it that any thread you two talk in instantly makes no sense?
LOL, must be a Brit thing Eric!

Hey - I've got an idea for the next revolutionary add on to a paintgun - it's a special springy net that adapts onto the end of the barrel protecting the gun and hopper from hits - it could either rebound the balls, or collect them and drop em into your warp feed to be recycled and shot back at your opponent!!! :D

The master of all paintball insults - getting shot out with ure own paint!! :D :D

Brits up too late

Originally posted by eric
Why is it that any thread you two talk in instantly makes no sense?
Im just messin with ya.:D
I think its partly because we were both up too late posting on p8ntballer because it was less effort than going to bed.

Oh and we both apear to have watched enough Monty Python to understand each other's posts.

But yes we're brits and so its difficult for our cousins across the pond to keep up :D

I nearly stayed away from this board for 15 hrs! I doing better

Richard (Who still has homework)