Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Aggresive or Defensive??

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Burb, Jan 22, 2002.

1. styles mugger Dum...dum.....DUMMMM!!!

styles mugger
    Message Count:
    personally,run like f*** at um but im a front player.
    best bet is 2 send 1 or 2 players 2 do the run(front players) while the rest shoot while makin there way 2 there cover run but reverve 1 of the shootin players 2 replace 1 of the front person if they get shot(if poss)thats a gud way of keepin your options open in the non pro way anyway,not sure bout against the pro teams coz i havnt watched lots of um but from wot ive noticed u may want 2 send just 1 main runner 2 go 4 it.Or just get lots&lots of practice against pros & advice i fink. :D

2. Alex Hicks. Just your average lunatic

Alex Hicks.
    Message Count:
    so Marks got one kill this season then, or has he hit you more than once?

3. Heimdahl New Member

Heimdahl
    Message Count:
    We play a more balanced game. We are all of us aggressive as all get out..but being totally aggressive can get you hammered under if you are not careful.

We make aggressive breakout moves and then follow ups as quickly as possible ,but we can and do switch over to defensive if it looks like the other team is setting up ready to pounce us. Letting them come to us ...remember the old adage on defense. "4+1" the other guy will take 4 times the number of losses, if you are ready and make him come to you....not that i like that, i mean heck if i don't mug at least one person per tournament i get DT's

4. FAMINE Pretty boy

FAMINE
    Message Count:
    I dont wanna be aggresive or defensive, I just wanna LOVE everyone :)

5. RED HOT www.redhotpaintball.com

RED HOT
    Message Count:
    fast, fast, fast

trouble wih our team is that we are all aggresive players and we all get bored quickly. even the back players make some funky runs up the fields (well gentle stroll this time maybe)
    sometimes being too aggressive can backfire and you lose the game because of it. but hey, theres always another and if we get beat then atleast we can say it wasn't because we dug in.
    at lot of the time a balls to the wall run will catch the other team off guard and you look the daddy. other times you fall flat on your face and a team you should of beat get a result (remember nottingham guys?)

anyway, play hard, play fair and keep smiling win or lose.:D

6. KillerOnion Lord of the Ringtones

KillerOnion
    Message Count:
    fast, fast, fast

Um...losing by easily preventable means SUCKS ROYAL DING DONG dude!!! I don't know about you, but explaining to my team why the case or two of paint they threw in that game went to no useful end and got us a loss because I or they got itchy feet instead of moving at the right time in the game is nothing I want to do nor should anyone. Playing is too fun, too time consuming, and too expensive to waste on being irrational. I hate someone getting me and potentially getting the idea that they're better than me at my expense unless they earned it by being an all out better player than me. I and the rest of anyone worth playing with can live with that. But oh well, maybe using our heads isn't something that some people enjoy about paintball.

7. Burb #1 Soi Cowboy.

Burb
    Message Count:
    Winning isnt everything though Mr Onion.

If your happy playing aggressive and losing, then who's to argue?

(as long as all your team mates are comfortable with this!)

8. RED HOT www.redhotpaintball.com

RED HOT
    Message Count:
    for killer onion...

in my last post i don't mean we all run about like headless chickens (well apart from alex..) we do try to control it. we think along the lines that you should regret the runs and moves you screw up rather than the ones you did not make.

i think the major difference is that we play for the fun of the game, win or lose. we are a fairly new novice team (euro indoor will only be our 6th game together), so you could say we go out there and expect to get our arses handed back to us on a plate. but 2 first place trophies with our first five outings cant be too bad.

i've played for teams in the past where winning is everything. where a team member gets shouted down for a simple mistake or a player gets a real **** on for a bad marshal call. i left all that because i stopped enjoying it. getting up at 3am in the morning to drive 300 miles just to get pissed off, was not my idea of fun paintball.

anyway see you in the middle

9. KillerOnion Lord of the Ringtones

KillerOnion
    Message Count:
    I wasn't advocating shouting at people to the point of mania and causing a fist fight, nor is winning EVERYTHING. Doing the best you possibly could have IS. If you're 140 lbs, is it fair or beneficial for someone to ask you to benchpress a forklift? Of course not. There are lots of things in life people can't do. They have limitations in ability, time, money, and effort...you can be tired and burned out to the point where even the simplest things seem like they're a 5 axis Rubik's cube inscribed in Sanskrit that if you make one wrong turn it becomes a nuclear bomb that automatically seeks out and glues itself to your testicles.

Anything worth having is worth working for. Sometimes you can get a lot for a little, but most of the time the biggest fish swim in the pond surrounded by the nastiest thorns, deepest mud, and biggest poisonous snakes. When you're pushing it hard to get to a tourney, making yourself go to sleep at 9pm when everyone else is out partying, scraping together all the loose change from your budget just to get enough paint and the cheapest hotel you can find, and then you win something for it IT MEANS SOMETHING TO YOU. You can settle for lesser rewards for less work. We all often do. I'm not giving up my stereo, living in a hole in the wall apartment instead of where I do now, eating ramen noodles at every meal, and selling my paintgun to buy a Porsche instead of driving my Volvo, which although I love it and really couldn't be happier, isn't a Porsche. I could. But I'm not going to.

But for me, paintball is not something I see as merely an odd amusement every now and then. It can be and is for a lot of people, but to me it really does bring out the best in life as I know, and one of those aspects is pursuit of hard earned achievements.

10. Alex Hicks. Just your average lunatic

Alex Hicks.
    Message Count:
    Headless yes. Chicken no.
    You love it really.