Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Aggresive or Defensive??

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Burb, Jan 22, 2002.

1. RED HOT www.redhotpaintball.com

RED HOT
    Message Count:
    Alex you know i'm only joking mate, more like a pitbull who been let off the lead in a stray cats home....

2. cowface Team Rampage

cowface
    Message Count:
  3. MARKSMAN New Member

MARKSMAN
    Message Count:
    I prefer aggressive tactics, its just the way i am. U dont get the adrenaline rush from staying in back, unless ur the only one left against 5 others...

4. bigk New Member

bigk
    Message Count:
    aggresive

aggressive is the only way to play it takes no skill to be a woose and just wail on the trigger in the back
    a true player moves up, gets the flag and makes key elimanations
    just my opinion though

5. Kieran - Thunder Jiggy

Kieran - Thunder
    Message Count:
    Sure agressive is more fun :) but it depends on the field u r playing on, some fields lend themselves to defensive play... also if u r a novice team playing a well known agressive pro team, a defensive play is almost always gonna be better.

6. Simon Malone New Member

Simon Malone
    Message Count:
    Jiggy

Amen to that dude, I don't fancy getting ripped a new one:D

7. Alex Corbs team chill uk

Alex Corbs
    Message Count:
    Defensive start then agressive after the first 30-45 secs.:D

8. Mysteriousmoose The moose you never see

Mysteriousmoose
    Message Count:
    Man... People need to stop trashing on back people. On a ten man if everyone was agressive think of the consequences. Paintball is a series of checks and balances. Face it! You couldn't have agressive if there was no defense. For a back player to hold their own against 5 people with a mugging in their mind is incredibly commendable. What if everyone were agressive on a field and got shot out. game over right? What if they had 2 defensive guys in the back "sprayin and prayin". Its those guys's job to make sure it is incredibly difficult to hang the flag. Anyone else agree with me or am I just old fashioned.

9. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
    Message Count:
    Aggresion

Looks like Alex Hicks has found a home at last! We DUPS could never cover him enough. I don't know about how agressive, but at Elsham I was playing for the Hellfish, we walked onto the Hay-bail field to hear "Ok guys we're just gonna sit back and defend" from the opposition; we all nearly cheared! two back guys (including me) just sat back and kept everyone's head down (I was covering more than half of them with a steady pop pop of suppresive fire when anyone popped their heads out) and Wookie just mugged them all! (then he got shot by the other back guy... but hey).

I think that aggression has its place, but just sitting relies on aggressive defending, keeping the opposition down and pinned, which is very hard to do, aggresive play is easier to to better (though very dificult to do briliantly), which is why we always try to keep it aggresive in the DUPS, coz we aren't a technically briliant team.

Just my thoughts

Richard

10. Alex Hicks. Just your average lunatic

Alex Hicks.
    Message Count:
    I'd love to have seen wookies muggings. Strangely the aggressive way we play sees us often beating much more experienced teams than ourselves, but again a few times have had our asses kicked by complete newbie teams (they don't do an embarred smilie here). Get too eager to storm up the field, to eat a hail of paint from a guy thats been hiding away for the whole game (always anoys me when people don't shoot cus you don't know where they are).