Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Aiming

Zanester

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
:confused: I have only been playing paintball for about a year so, I guess I am kind of a newbie. However, I am not new to the outdores, sprots, or shooting a gun. So why do a suck so much at aiming a marker? My brother told me he saw someone with a Cocker hit a 1"x4" steak at about 30 yards with the first shot and when playing I have been taged out by the first shot from a long distance and I wondered how did they do that??

I can shoot a reagular gun prety well, but obviously a marker is a different animal. I have a spyder compact, so I don't expect to outcompete someone with an Angel or a Cocker, but I just don't think it should alwayse take 2 or 3 shots before I can hit a target.

Do any of Y'all have any good techniques or tips for me. Yes, I know practice is important, but remember practice does not make prefect, only perfect practice will make you perfect.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!:)

Zanester

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
some ppl dont need to aim, they know where the pball is going cos they know there gun, they sleep witht here gun, well maybe not that far, but ppl just know where the paintball will go, even with there eyes closed sometimes.

darm

Coach- Taunton Snatch Uk
Jul 6, 2001
Devon (UK)
www.facebook.com
Like anything the more you practice the better you will get, and on another note check your paint and make sure you have good quality stuff, Oh and make sure you store it correctly as this will make a difference.
Barrels to paint size, good quality barrel etc will all make a slight difference, as well.
BUT KEEP PRACTICING.......Hang up coke cans at varying distances if you want....... you will get better.

Hope this helps
Darm

booga

Arthritic Pirate
There's a quick and easy method to try, it works for some but not others.
When you hold the marker point your 'first finger' down the side of the marker and use your middle finger to pull the trigger.
That way (in theory) you are shooting wherever you are pointing.

Like I say it works for some and not for others.

Mysteriousmoose

The moose you never see
Jan 18, 2002
Tallahassee Florida
Visit site
There is one technique I used to use to get a good first shot on target. Hold your gun one way. Hold it the same way for your off hand. IF you are consistent you can start to judge how to tilt your marker to hit at good range. Start with the tip. Generally saying, if your marker is right below eye level, "putting" the tip of your barrel on the target will get a good first shot. Of course it is all different for different guns and barrel lengths. After that start shooting at medium range and pick a point on your barrel that lines up with this target, fire and correct. This takes alot of practice to get good at. Myself, I use an Armson prodot sight. They are definately worth it in my opinion. Plus the will see through a power feed or vert. feed. Regulators will help the process I described above also. If you go out and find a cheap regulator for CO2 your shots will be much more consistent and the process above takes alot less time to get used to. Eventually if your like me you will upgrade the hell out of your kit. I have a powerfeed mag with warp feed, 68 3k PMI tank, 2 barrels and a 12vlt revvy. All that crap is good and everything but the gun does not make the player. However if the gun is holding you back such as in accuracy or consistency its up to you to make the decision to spend the big dollar.

Heimdahl

Jan 22, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
It's mainly just getting to know your marker. Speaking as someone that has slept with their marker (a 68ci 4500psi makes a remarkably good pillow ) getting on terms just slightly less than intimate is a good thing...

oh yea and like practicing and shooting and stuff is pretty good too from what i am told

loginnut

Aug 3, 2001
Visit site
You should also check the consistency of your marker. If velocity is all over the place those shots at long distances are near impossible without using the policy "accuracy by volume."

eric

Dedicated Pot Bitch
Aug 23, 2001
US, Ohio
Visit site
(a 68ci 4500psi makes a remarkably good pillow )
You could hook up a car battery to your hopper and make a nice foot warmer, althought the thing bursting into flames would not be good for the sheets.