Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

air bottle leaking very slowly is this normal?

icejohn

Sep 24, 2006
hi all,

Got a tri label pure energy bottle new only had it 5-6 months. Touble is ,it looses its gas after a week after being filled. My old aluminum bottle never leaks still got air in after 2 months. For testing purposes u understand. I always use tri label and it works fine on days paintball.

Should i get it looked at or do all carbon bottle have this very slow leak as a safety thing to stop the carbon being stressed out or something over a long period of time.

(yes i do know about the water test) no bubbles show. well at least for a minute underwater):p

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Mine used to empty itself if left for long enough, but I never had any problems. You leaving it on the gun, or not? If it's attached to the gun, it could be a gun leak.

icejohn

Sep 24, 2006
bottle

hi, no I never leave the bottle on the marker.

but like you say it degasses itself after a week. The bottle works fine no problems on a days paintball. Just an issue when you serviced your marker and need to check its air tight (and you got no air to test). As your bottle does the same thing am guessing its a "feature" at least i hope it is ?:)

Maybe theres a techie guy out there who know the real answer?

trakkerboy

Banned in 3 days..
Dec 20, 2006
preston
www.exlpaintball.co.uk
it with be leaking through the pin in the top of the bottle ,this happend with my stacko get a spanner or something , push the pin right down then release it again , this worked for me any way.

James

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
The burst disk has gone slightly or you have dirt in the fill nipple.....
Degas the bottle and take off the fill nipple and clean and lube (NOT WITH WD40) use blue loctite to secure and make airtight the nipple thread. If neeeded get a new set of burst disks.

icejohn

Sep 24, 2006
tx for the advice

tx for the advice guys,

I will take a look at the bottle again in the bath. If its leaking you should see air bubbles am i right? Its just i did this last time and I didnt get any air bubbles. I recon I got 1.5 left in the bottle and its been just over a week. It was full at 4.5