Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Bottle Rattle

kerrboy123

Jan 17, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
I was using my marker today and it ran out of air. I took the bottle off to discover that it made a rattling noise which seems to be coming from the bottleneck. I have never gone completely out of air before so I don't know if this is normal or if I should be concerned about it.

burnzy1989

its time to make a solid stream line of paint
Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
ya its normal its only the valve that shuts of the air intake niple it uses the preasure from the botle to push a loos taperd piston fowards which will seal the howle where the air is being fild qoute me if im wrong

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
ya its normal its only the valve that shuts of the air intake niple it uses the preasure from the botle to push a loos taperd piston fowards which will seal the howle where the air is being fild qoute me if im wrong
I dont mean to be rude but could you retype that so its readable:)

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Yes it's normal, it's only the valve that shuts off the air intake nipple. The valve pin uses air pressure from the bottle to push a tapered piston forwards towards the output of the regulator. This seals the valve when the bottle is pressurised.
The ASA on your marker depresses the valve pin to release air into your marker.

Hope that helps

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
the rattling is the pin that stops air escaping through the fill nipple is it not? when there is no pressure in the tank there is nothing to force the pin up the nipple to prevent air loss and so it rattles about.

Sorry if thats what the other guy was on about but i couldn't understand a word he was saying.