Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air bottle size.

Chrolive

Jun 4, 2022
Hi guys,
So I have recently started buying some gear to get in to the game I already have my marker and mask amongst a bunch of other stuff but what I don’t have is an air bottle. What size would you recommend for speedball? Do I go with the stubby one or the longer bottle what’s the benefits of either?

thanks,
Chrolive

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi guys,
So I have recently started buying some gear to get in to the game I already have my marker and mask amongst a bunch of other stuff but what I don’t have is an air bottle. What size would you recommend for speedball? Do I go with the stubby one or the longer bottle what’s the benefits of either?

thanks,
Chrolive
In speedball you will be playing short games and should be able to refill air between them, therefore the smaller capacity of a stubby should not be a ‘disadvantage’

The real thing to consider is the ergonomics and balance as to what is right

Reactions: ant290

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
IMHO once you are no longer a small human (over 15 ish) then stubby bottles lose their benefit. the lighter weight is mostly offset by the awkward hand positions that are forced by how close the marker ends up to your body.

Generally a 1.1ltr super light will be reasonable, worst case you can get a reg extender.

If you are taller, then look at 1.3 or 1.5 bottles maybe :)

Reactions: Tom

JudgeJack

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2022
I like the ergonomics of a 1.5l but I am a taller player, they're actually surprisingly hard to find at the moment though.

Reactions: mctractorboy