Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air for Impulse-Part 2.

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Thing is with the Flatline/Armegeddon/WDP AIR they are all designed for high pressure. They work best around 600-1000psi, basically around 800psi. But once they get to low pressures like the impulse/shocker/matrix require, they stop performing as well. The maxflow however (low pressure 4500 version and 3000psi version) work very well at sub 200psi levels.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
The low pressure performance was the problem I had at last years Campaign Cup. After a very hard fought game against Bears that lasted 9 and a half minutes, I vowed never to use CO2 again on my shocker. My arm was stuck to the bottle, as I was playing tight in a small diablo cross for the full 9 minutes!!!!

With money in hand I looked for an air system and almost bought the A.I.R system by WDP, till I realised that it did not run at low pressure at all :eek: (had just been released). I have more recently been told that they can run consistantly at low pressures now due to a new spring set kit. Is this true or are they still a bit dodgy at sub 600psi?

Anyway, to cut a long rabbiting story short, I bought a Max Flow 4500psi and it has been suberb. Runs very consistantly at 170psi, and my bro who has an Impulse is getting my old style 4500psi reg to use.

I was just curious if I could change the spring set in my new style max flow, and use it on an Angel for example? Would it still perform as well as an A.I.R system that is purely built for higher pressures? Anyone know?

SirJinks

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Jun 21, 2002
Southampton
Visit site
I'm no expert, but if you mounted a 4500 maxflow vertically without a primary reg dropping the initial pressure into it, wouldn't you have to pay out for special high pressure cabling as normal macroline isn't rated for use with pressure like 4500 psi?

I dunno is this is expensive enough to make it a consideration though.

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
There are two versions of the 4500psi Maxflow, one is high pressure, which gives best output around the 800psi mark, usually for angels/cockers/spyders whatever. Then there is the low pressure version, which has best output around 200psi. This is designed for lowpressure markers like the impulse/shocker and matrix.

Normal macroline can take up 1000psi - i think.

Shuck

Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
I thought the only difference between the high and low pressure max flow regulators was the spring set at the front. If you changed the spring set you effectively changed the reg. Is that true, or do you need to buy a completely new reg?

Not that it affects me, because I am probabily going from a Shocker to a spanking new LCD Matrix, just need the money now :confused: anyone know of a bank with very poor security and a safe full of coin???

Shuck

Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Yea, the new dial would be a certain for sure. I was just curious because thats what I think you have to do to get the A.I.R system to run at low pressures, but I did not know about the dial always saying 'low pressure'. Very confusing.

Does anyone know how good the I-Frame is any good for the Impulse and is it easy to fit? My bro is getting one, but neither of us know how to fit it? Any opinions?