Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air leak

laddo

Banned
Mar 20, 2016
Just bought a new bottle and a stirrup pump.When I attach the pump to the air bottle and pump, the air leaks straight out of the valve that screws into the gun.Is this a faulty bottle or something to do with putting air in with a pump.I'm new to air bottles.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
The seal on the pin valve may not be sealing properly Try pushing the pin valve in and out again a few times, but what is most likely happening is lack of pressure in the bottle to make the seals work properly, try pumping it up with your gunn attached to the bottle.

Reactions: laddo

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It's also going to take a serious amount of pumping from empty

As Bod says it's likely that you don't have enough pressure to push everything shut and seal, so starting with the gun attached will put that in the way of the leak

Were you effectively just pumping straight through the bottle and out?

Once you've got a fill to a decent pressure then top up with the stirrup pump as often as possible, avoid shooting off too much air as it just means you will be pumping for much of your life

In practicality it's still the same overall amount of air pumped and shot, but more pumping sessions of less air at a time aren't as soul destroying as pumping from low pressure all of the time

Reactions: laddo

laddo

Banned
Mar 20, 2016
I got two new bottles and filled the first one up from zero with a stirrup pump.It was my mates pump but had no issue.I have just bought my own stirrup pump and attempted the same thing.The air came out as fast as I put it in. I will attach it to the gun to see if it works.I was told not to let the bottle go below 1000psi.Thanks for the advice ill take it on board.

laddo

Banned
Mar 20, 2016
Put the gun on and pumped and pumped and all that happened was an air leak when I took the marker off.I asked a fella at work who fills the air bottles on the astute class submarines and he said its a duffer need a new bottle off the shop.I'll ring now and see what they say.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I dare say if it was put on a compressor fill system to be filled everything would click into place, it happens a lot after i've rebuilt or serviced regs, did you try flicking the pin valve in and out a couple of times.

laddo

Banned
Mar 20, 2016
Yep pin valve in and out,Laddo at the shop said it would be a seal easy for him to do but not me.I was then told to return in with Royal Mail. I told him it said on his website air bottles no longer go by Royal Mail so I'm not sending it that way.He then told me to use my Hermes.I got over charged £14 in the first place then £3.75 to return and no refund as yet on the £14. First time I have used them and I'm not impressed so far.