Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Problem

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
iv had a read over all this, toms originoal advice is the best thing you can do.
go to a store/site ask someone there for help. they can make it safe, show you whats what, and explain anything you need to know.

if you try it your self, admitidly like i did, you could end up hurting your self or someone, or braking something.
thankfully, all i did was cut a pice of hose wrong, so had to buy more, your mistake could end up being much worse...

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
If your not sure about something then take Tom's advice and find someone to show you. If you can't find someone then the internet (particualy youtube) or a forum is a good place to look, as you rightly done by coming here.

However I've gotta say that people giving advice need to stop treating new players like they are babies, an air tank is hardly the most complex thing they've done in their lives. Yes it demands a lot of respect and it's through this respect that paintball has remainded fairly incident free, but this uptightness is turning people away. It's not like Callum is an idiot, and yet he's been reprimanded when he CAME HERE FOR HELP.

Balls deep

Jan 6, 2009
MK
go to your local site mate, theres usally someone that knows what they are doing, i had the newbie experince not so long ago and i know how you feel. Just try and learn what you can from people at the site and youtube vids etc. i realise i have repeated what most others have said. also you may want to check the gun is lubed properly and like others said batteries should be new. And also try using a friends bottle just to double check its not your bottle thats faulty not the gun :)
hope it helps!

Cheers
Chris :)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Hello, bought a promaster yesterday and bought also a second hand air tank (0.8l) I put in to air tank to an ASA and it makes the noise when it goes in. Theres a problem when firing, it doesnt actually fire when I pull the trigger (the swich is on), but when i push the top bit forward (which goes back and forth when normally fireing) then it fires (quiet noise), but when i push the top thing half way it fires proply. Why doesnt it fire without me not pushing it?

By the way the air tank is like nothing in. (half of 1, and it goes upto 6)

Sorry dont know the parts as I've just started! Thanks!!!
You've got a couple of issues which others have already mentioned:

1. Looks like your air bottle is almost empty.

2. The reason it fires when you push the 'top bit' (which sounds like the bolt pin to me) forward could be that the bolt is then blocking the eyes, which allows the marker to cycle. Eyes are sensors within the breech which tell the gun if a ball is in position - if a ball isn't in position, it prevents the gun firing.

However the best suggestion has already been given by Tom. We can't physically see your setup, so our comments are best guesses, plus it's impossible for us to check if you've fully understood what we've said.

Take it to a shop or site and get someone who knows what they're doing to look at it and teach you how things work. Markers and especially air systems can be lethal if abused.

My final bit of advice would be to chill out a bit and try to accept the advice given. Kicking off on here isn't going to make anyone inclined to help in future (and being snotty to a mod is likely to get you banned......good job Tom's a nice bloke).