Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air System Question

Skeet

Platinum Member
Do the sites you go to carry large quantities of compressed air?
Is it rec ball you play?
Def. Melee, sh*t hot, Will do the business.
Put it this way, i can get a 1.1 Melee with 3000 psi Luxfer for like I said about £160.
And as I also said before, you can put c02 straight on it as well.
Gaz

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
yeah planet sell those melees for about £160 with a 1.1l luxfer, thing is I dunno if a 1.1litre will be big enough, and also thats with a steel bottle, not a nice light kevlar one :(

on planet a melee reg (£65) and a 4500psi 1.5litre kevlar bottle (£179), which is the only larger capacity bottle on there at a glance + VAT = £286.70

so its not that different from the pure energy I put up earlier (£300).

I'll see what happens, I havent been paid yet :rolleyes:

FUBAR

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
sorry didnt answer your question...

Ive went to sparklies academy this month & will be going there a few times, + other walkons etc, so yes its rec-ball atm.

The reason why im thinking of a larger bottle is that earlier in this thread someone (cant remember who) said that spyders are gas guzzlers. :)

FUBAR

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
Sparklies @ Maidenhead is the only place ive been to properly so far (ie not rental) as im still really new to this, and she has air to about 2800psi there cos thats what her siteguns run on.

The reason why I am thinking about no of shots is when I went this month I was using a 1.1l (i think) air bottle and I had to go back from the supair field every 2 games to re-fill the bottle. It kinda got on my nerves a bit.

FUBAR

Skeet

Platinum Member
And that my friend, is why you need a dive tank!
So, even if you had a 4500 system, she couldn't fill it to that could she?
Go 3000 psi. With a Melee from Jackie at AGD (Powerpulse) ring her tomorrow she's very helpful and knowledgable.
Then try to find a seconhand 12 or 15 litre dive tank.
Check the Air Gunner or Gun Mart magazines. a company does refurbished tanks with dry valves (not wet ones that divers use) which means the bottle doesnt have to be tested so often as its not submersed. You will need a fill station as well. Jackie can help you with all of that. If you can afford a 300 bar bottle get one, I cant so didnt.
Gaz
P.S. Every two games for a fill dont sound too bad for sup air, seeing as the amount of paint you probably shoot.

Skeet

Platinum Member
So, save yourself 150 which will get you a seconhand 12l 232 bar tank and a fill station!
Makes sense doesn't it?
That also means that you can practice or ponse about with your gun at home, spunking paint down the garden while practicing keeping tight fro round your backdoor as it were! Or just chase the kids around the house, screaming "YOUR 'OUTA THERE PLAYER!!!!" at them, mine love it.
Gaz