Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Tank Storage Question?

TNT_UK

TNT_UK
Apr 18, 2015
I am still in the process of buying my own paintball marker after many years of playing with rental equipment. One area of concern I have is over the storage of my markers air tank. I have a couple of small children, and one of the concerns I had before making the decision to start buying my own equipment, was where to store the air tank, where it was:

A. Out of Reach
B. Out of sight
C. Stored safely

I thought the problem of storing the air tank safely is an area of thought that many paintball players have. I was planning to discharge the air from the tank after I played so the air tank is always stored "empty" (as well as out of reach, and out of sight).

Where do people store their air tanks, or am I the only one who worries about these things?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You've reminded me to add an entry to the law thread

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/paintball-and-the-law.171875/

As you have kids, common sense says you should secure your gun, but for those accidents that can occur a law was put in place with a fine up to £1000

Lock your gun away safely.
Nothing special need to be done to cylinders,but securing it away protects both it and your kids

In an ideal world we should not be transporting high pressure compressed air. Many people fill up before leaving, but if we drain the air then we are minimizing any risk

Nothing bad is going to happen to a pressurized cylinder just from storing it. One day the burst disk can fail which will give a loud bang and then air spewing out. Scary to hear and bad for you if your bare skin is in the way

A fully empty cylinder is at risk of damp as the fill nipple will be open. This is a problem in the scuba world for more obvious reasons, but having some pressure keeps things sealed

Drain most of it for peace of mind, lock it somewhere out of sight and it's safe

Reactions: TNT_UK