Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air tank testing

axess

Ir3 not Ion
Jan 22, 2007
kenilworth
In July 2006 the rules for bottle testing changed and the responsibility was moved from the HSE to the DFT (Dept for Transport). Also the rules on testing stations changed and as of July 2006 only DFT Accredited stations can test bottles. As far as I am aware there are only 2 accredited testing stations in the UK. Your local dive shop cannot test bottles.

We have been in touch with one of these stations and have negotiated a price for testing. These centres do not deal with the public but are quite happy to deal with Fat Bobs. Here's how it will work.

that is straight from talkpaintball, it says there a two centers, neither of which will deal with the public, however one will deal with fat bobs. we are the public, so they wont deal with us, but they will deal with fat bobs, therefore it follows that assuming there are actually only two test centers, that the public only have one choice, that is fat bobs.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Here.

In July 2006 the rules for bottle testing changed and the responsibility was moved from the HSE to the DFT (Dept for Transport). Also the rules on testing stations changed and as of July 2006 only DFT Accredited stations can test bottles. As far as I am aware there are only 2 accredited testing stations in the UK. Your local dive shop cannot test bottles.

We have been in touch with one of these stations and have negotiated a price for testing. These centres do not deal with the public but are quite happy to deal with Fat Bobs. Here's how it will work.

Only two centers that will not deal with the public but are quite happy to deal with fat bobs.

G

Gassy

they would deal with Lips,planet,heaven or anyone else if they offered a bottle testing service.

Again you read into it what you want to see,it does not say "fatbobs is the only place in the country who can test your bottle." Which is what you are insinuating(sp)

Or am I missing that line

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Here.

Only two centers that will not deal with the public but are quite happy to deal with fat bobs.
Thats exactly how I read it as well Tom and that's the only part of the whole thing I don't agree with.

Fat Bobs will provide a good service, it's ideal for people who live locally to it. But they're not the ONLY option.

I get mine tested at Flameskill in Great Yarmouth, they're qualified to test fibre wrap bottles and after speaking to them today they're happy to deal with the public. HOWEVER, they deliver using their own courier so will only deal with people in a fairly local vacinity.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
they would deal with Lips,planet,heaven or anyone else if they offered a bottle testing service.

Again you read into it what you want to see,it does not say "fatbobs is the only place in the country who can test your bottle." Which is what you are insinuating(sp)

But they don't offer this service with other dealers, only fat bobs. I've asked andy for the details of the test center as i have businesses that want to make use of this service, but he has not given me the details.

And as you see gassy i'm not the only one who see's this.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member

I think you're missing the lines that say:

"there are only 2 accredited testing stations in the UK. Your local dive shop cannot test bottles.

Edit: If it's not intentional then their wording isn't particularly good. It could just say

'Fat Bobs are now offering a bottle testing service, the cost is £xx.xx including return delivery and the test will also provide a visual check of your regulator. Our testing house is accredited by the DFT and we are the only company in the UK to offer this service, to the best of our knowledge.'

G

Gassy

This will go on all night and everyone is entitled to there opinion but untill you provide other venues that have the correct qualifications and creditations fatbobs is an option.
Andy offered to post up any venues or shops in the testing thread on talkpb you could confirm had the required elements but you seem to have missed that quote out so fatbobs are not trying to make out they are the only place.