Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air torpedo

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
This is old - but some new people may not have seen it.

This is why you don't mess with compressed air!

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
The air would be freezing cold - hence the vapour trail (that's not steam). I think it's a bit like deodorant - cold when you first apply it.

It's all to do with physics and gas pressure (have a read of the comments underneath the video for a better explanation).

EDIT : Copied from the comments "no, your terribly wrong. It is compressed when it is put into the tank, thats why it gets hot. When it leaves the tank at that rate, it becomes incredibly cold. ANY gas under large compression is subject to intense low temperature when it is released. If you dont believe me, go fill your tank, air up your gun and just dryfire until all your air is gone from your tank, then feel the tank. it will be cold. Peace".

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
Its a good video for all those players getting into the sport and thinking they can just bust a superman when they like, You have to practice. Also dont play around with the ASA, Reg etc if you dont know what you are doing as this is inevitable. I heard (please correct if I am wrong) the guy with the mask on survived without serious injury as the bottle hit his mask at an angle knocked his mask off, but basically the mask made the bottle glance off, the team-mate it hit in the foot suffered a broken ankle.

Always wear ur mask when HP air is involved in what you are doing.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
...Always wear ur mask when HP air is involved in what you are doing.
...and always leave filling to those experienced in such matters (where possible).

If you don't want to or can't fill your marker - then there's always one of "us oldies" knocking about who would be happy to oblige (including the H-Pac guys of course).

In fact, at Planets old site (OTE at Congleton) only the site designated 'filler' filled the bottles up - even for "us oldies". It lead to longer queues, but at least we all stayed safe (the number one rule of paintball).