Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Training should it be a prerequisite before you are allowed to self fill.

Question, Should everyone who wants to use HPA do a basic free safety course

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
I read a viewpoint from someone who I respect a great deal and he said that as much as the mandatory insurance is a great idea the organisers are coming up short in not insisting everyone has to do some compulsory air training.
A lot of players have 15 seconds training from a mate on how to connect the air hose to their bottle and thats about it.
Is that enough? is it the responsibility of the tournament organisers to provide it?

I have been involved since well before air came into the market and did the course for the first time last year.
I thought I knew everything I should have known to safely use an air system.
I was wrong, and could have been DEAD wrong.
I will ask Gassy to put a poll on here later if you could pick what you agree with please.

Thanks,

Russ

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
100 Percent yes it should be and I think now is the time to shock the system and shake everyone up. This is accident is a wake up call for a lot of people, sites and venues. I personally think get everything sorted now and make paintball safer for all.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
along with detailed tech threads on how to maintain you bottle and reg. how many times have we seen plp (including myself) offer the wrong advice to others . how to get regs off change fill nipple etc

O

ollytheosteo

Well, at the moment we have young players changing regs in their bedrooms and getting their air advice from each other; there was a thread on PBN earlier this week where someone posted the 'best way to remove a reg' involving putting the bottle in a vice and then using a spanner on the fill nipple to twist the reg off. Chris from Crossfire wrote a very funny and sharp reply but this is the sort of info that gets passed around so yup, training good.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
that it olly that why i started that air thread. pbn has some really good tech threads. but not what we need

G

Gassy

Those that do not do an air safety course should have to wear a big sign on their chest saying

I don't need to know and it's just unlucky if your next to me at the fill station

Status
Not open for further replies.