Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Training should it be a prerequisite before you are allowed to self fill.

Question, Should everyone who wants to use HPA do a basic free safety course

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
i doubt you'd be able to get air suppliers to fill others bottles. my thinking behind this is that if someone has put oil in the fill nipple then the air supplier is the one at risk. obviously its very rare that people put oil in their fill nipple and we all know your not supposed to do that BUT sh!t happens and not everyone is that clever.

b32-v6

Dec 9, 2008
fleetwood (nr blackpool)
o yes tell me about it !! i spent two days looking through the yellow pages ect ringing people to fill my co2 bottle but no body wanted to no !! that is why i bought a new marker that runs on air cause there is loads of people around here that will fill air !

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
3 years ago (time of campaign cup in birmingham) i was involved in an incident that resulted in me being effectively blown up by an aerosol can, that had been thrown on our bonfire by a local hoodlum. that is how i came to be at Campaign as i was at the burns unit down the rod from the Event. Since then i have been Nervous and uncomfortable around pressured tanks so prefer others filling up for me where poss.

If such a training session were to happen i would all for it as it can prevent injuries (or death) in the future, and could perhaps help me with confidence issues.

(aerosol burns to arms and head 5degree burns at that are ugly just ask robbo)

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
As dumb as people that can't fill air may be, they are not as dumb as the guy that thinks he can spend a few moments showing someone, and then issue them a card to say they are qualified.

Qualified by who? - some guy with a laminating machine? No. You could even go to jail for issuing those cards, and if not, it would be a mighty fine.

This is an area where paintball skates on thin ice. Decanting high-pressure gasses is no joke. U18's definitely should not be filling their own tanks, and nor should anyone else unless they have been certified.

We all do, sure, but the guy that gets into the real trouble will be the guy that tries to do something about it -out of a desire to help others - but doesn't do all his homework.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
the site should employ a qualified person to fill every bottle, you as a customer should never be let near the filling of air to 4500psi.

For those who dont appreciate the enormity of this pressure, it's over 100 - 200 times the pressure of an average car tyre.

Status
Not open for further replies.