Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Training should it be a prerequisite before you are allowed to self fill.

Question, Should everyone who wants to use HPA do a basic free safety course

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

purepaintballer

soon to be a gun whore
Feb 20, 2007
lincolnshire
i'm 14 and hate filling air most of the time at training 5 man and just playing around on woodball sometimes i get other people to do my air but in x ball lite theres no fuss about under 18s filling air sometimes im in such a hurry i just fill my own air.
but don't you think it should atleast be tollerated if under 18's are going to fill?

jus

Bulldogs
Mar 18, 2006
stafford
i noticed last weekend that markie and the NQ guy's were giving free air filling advice for the air system they have installed.

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
Personally I think it is simple,

Day 1 of a tourny bottles are checked and tagged (HPAC already do this)
Anyone under 18 should have their bottles filled if that is what the UKPSF membership says - Otherwise insurance is void.

A simple 10 minute training session will soon bring anyone else up to being comptetent, and trust me guys when you get it wrong (which is very rare) the accidents are very bad, an example is if there is a pin prick of HPPA flowing out as a leak it will slice your finger off before you feel it. :eek:

The plus side is the kit is very well made and HPAC among others are very thorough, it may only be two minutes to fill your bottle but it is two minutes that you need to be sensible.

What doesn't help is where some sites have become over paranoid, but then it is there site and it is up to them :D

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Personally i think it's even simpler,

Let the air supplier fill your bottle....period.

Zero chance of accidents then, simple isn't it.:)

Loki03

Nov 4, 2008
This sounds like a very good idea, although it should probably not take too long and you should receive a card that's good for a decent amount of time to prove you can fill air. Costs should be kept to a minimum though (perhaps a quid or two to cover the card) - the sport's expensive enough as is!

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
This sounds like a very good idea, although it should probably not take too long and you should receive a card that's good for a decent amount of time to prove you can fill air. Costs should be kept to a minimum though (perhaps a quid or two to cover the card) - the sport's expensive enough as is!
And the guy infront of you who's had a skinful the night before filling his mates bottle, can't even remember his own name let alone the training he had soo many weeks ago.

Not so good an idea now is it.?

Aza0193

Platinum Member
Jun 2, 2007
down under
www.cannockcobras.me.uk
Well i agree with small amounts of training (basically to check if the bottle is fit to fill, instead of just checking the test date). But i don't agree with the card thing. Because if you forget it, it will be a bugger for the rest of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.