Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Upgrade Advice

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Unless you plan on going to events that provide 4,500psi (or 300bar) fills, you have no need to invest in a 4,500psi bottle.
IonGale: What are you planning to do in paintball?

Tom: If this guy plans to sit in his back garden taking pot shots at beer cans, then why should he spend an extra £70-£80 on a 4.5K tank?

However, if he is planning to attend events or sites where 4.5K will possibly be available, then I agree he should absolutely invest in 4.5K straight away.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
IonGale: What are you planning to do in paintball?

Tom: If this guy plans to sit in his back garden taking pot shots at beer cans, then why should he spend an extra £70-£80 on a 4.5K tank?

However, if he is planning to attend events or sites where 4.5K will possibly be available, then I agree he should absolutely invest in 4.5K straight away.
Too true Syd, c'mon IonGale feed us and we will help.:)

IonGale

Still Learning...
Jan 9, 2007
Camrbidgeshire
ok, well....

At the minute, me & a few friends are just getting into it, learning the basics, the stuff you guys did years ago, lol. We are just playing at our local site at the minute, place called 'Monks Wood', they are using CO2, I knew that air is better to started to look into it.

Found the dive bottle cheap, so thought I would give it a go, but stuck now, thats where you guys come in. The site has different mission obv, shortest game being 10 minutes, longest being 15 minutes. Most games, I just sit back, plan my route, take it easy really. However there are some games, where I like to 'Rambo' it in taking out as many as I can for the rest to come thro.

My marker is not the best but is prob the fastest out of my mates & with the rampant on & being able to 'walk' a little bit faster gives me that advantage.

What does everyone think?

The website for my local site is http://www.commandoelitepaintball.co.uk

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
If you fancy playing some Supair or big rec-ball walkons then id suggest a 4500psi bottle, yes they cost a bit more but are worth it if you buy a 3000psi bottle you may find its not enough then your stuck with it as these dont sell on very well whereas the 4500psi ones will do. The choice is yours and comes down to finance mainly

Sid

IonGale

Still Learning...
Jan 9, 2007
Camrbidgeshire
Ok,

So stick with the Dive Cylinder that I have got but get a 4500PSI bottle for the gun? Or get a new Dive Cylinder (300BAR/4500PSI)?

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
stick with teh dive cylinder you have and buy a 4500psi bottle ..yes

you can fill it from the cylinder and later when you go somewhere that supplies air or you get a 300 bar tank you can then fill teh bottle to 4500psi safely.

buy the 4500psi tank now if you can afford it ..if you are into playing paintball you will only end up buying one in the future anyway.

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
not sure if it has been said before.

But when you get your PB tank, and attacth it to the dive tank, DO NOT flash fill the PB tank from the dive tank (i.e. Open the valve to fill the tank fully) make sure you take time to fill the PB tanks, as you run the risk of blowing the tank by filling it too quick, typically you want to take at least 30-60 sec's to fill it.

filling the tank too quick will create a lot of heat, and compressed air, and heat really dont mix to well.

hope this helps

-james

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Just to add further comment.

Wherever I go pballing I take my 232 bar dive bottle with me, just in case the site has a problem, and it has indeed helped me out where the site fills were far short of 3000psi. Deffo a worthwhile investment Iongale.

As for your marker air system, deffo go for the fibrewrap 1.1L 4500psi if you can afford it. If your on a budget, then LiPS will sell you a pure energy ally 0.8L 3000psi for about £43 + P&P, which will get you by until you can afford to upgrade.

Most walk-on type sites do not fill over 3000psi anyway.....

Note, when my Ion was stock I got about 500 shots from a 0.8L 3000psi. I've now got a QEV, firebolt, Lucky Stage 2, blackheart board, freak, allowing me to lower my dwell substantially, and I can now get about 700 shots. Still have ran out of bloody air on the odd game though!!

Hope helpful.