The Home Of European Paintball

Air Upgrade Advice

IonGale

Still Learning...
Jan 9, 2007
Camrbidgeshire
Air Upgrade Advice - Lucky Stages???

Hey all,

I am new to this air scene, just need a few peoples advice please.

I have got a 232 BAR Dive Cylinder on the cheap & it just went through the test, getting the 232 BAR A-Clamp Fill Station for it soon, was wondering if it was true that, I could only use a 3000PSI bottle on my gun. Is that true?

Also, is it worth getting the 4500PSI bottle rather than the 3000PSI. Whats the difference, more accurate, more power & will my Dive Cylinder fill the 4500PSI bottle up fine?

Any information will be greatfull, try shed some light on my situation.

Chris,

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Bar and PSI are both messure of air pressure. 232 Bar is equivalent to approximately 3,000psi, so the highest pressure fill you are going to get out of your dive bottle will be 3,000psi. Unless you plan on going to events that provide 4,500psi (or 300bar) fills, you have no need to invest in a 4,500psi bottle.

Higher pressure bottles simply store more air. They do not affect anything else.

Ranger

Looking for a team.
i am no expert but i can say this...
you can get 4500+psi tanks, i run a crossfire 4500psi high pressure tank...the 3000psi thing is all about air availability on site...most sites run of compressors or BOC cylinders which can only manage 3000psi fills, the compressors that run 4500psi fills are incredibly expensive...a dive tank will enable you to get that extra fill...but dont try it on a 3000psi bottle....unless you want to hit orbit....

as to the what difference....to actual range and accuracy...there is none, the marker is regulated and the air flow the same no matter how many psi the bottle, the difference is actually all about amount of shots you will get out of the tank when full...the 4500psi tank will on a good marker with paint and barrel match give 1300-1600 shots whereas a 3000 will give a few hundred less..

so a 4500psi bottle is better if you have a)- a gas hungry marker like an ion, or b) you expect to be in the field for a long period of time or to shoot a lot of balls.

hope that helps.

IonGale

Still Learning...
Jan 9, 2007
Camrbidgeshire
Cheers guys, you have really cleared a lot of things up for me.

If it does not change anything to the accurancy or power then might just stick with the 3000psi dive cylinder & bottle. like I said, new to all this & all making sense now!

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
compressors that run 4500psi fills are incredibly expensive...a dive tank will enable you to get that extra fill...but dont try it on a 3000psi bottle....unless you want to hit orbit.....
I may be reading this wrong Ranger so I appologise if I am but you can use a dive bottle to fill a 3000psi air bottle fine as long as you use a A clamp fill station-if the cylinder happens to be A clamp (most if not all of these will only withstand 3000psi) and from a 232bar dive cylinder you will only ever get a maximum of a 3000psi fill and I cant quite remeber the break down but you will only recieve something like 1 full 3000psi fill then the subsequent fill are less and less (obviously) but it is quite acceptable to fill a 3000psi botle from a dive cylinder but not from a 4500psi line from a compressor.

And yes your dive cylinder will fill the 4500psi bottle but only to 3000psi, so the choice is yours mate as Ranger says its all about how many shots youll get out of each but if you are refilling your bottle between games the it doesnt really matter
Cheers

Sid

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
You're all wrong.:D

232 bar is more in the region of 3500psi.

so i would get a 4500 psi system and then you can use the full pressure of the dive bottle. It's false economy getting a 3000psi system, as you'll wish you had a 4500psi as you get more experienced.

IonGale

Still Learning...
Jan 9, 2007
Camrbidgeshire
Stop fghting guys, lol. your confusing me even more!

I am getting the dive cylinder but what bottle do I go for then, 3000PSI or 4500PSI?

Cheers