Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AirSoft

Hobbes88

Banned
Aug 6, 2002
Visit site
On saturday, i played my first game of air soft(is that how you spell it?). it was pretty cool. we played with uzi's, and it was like 5 on 5. the small problem was that we had to go back to our base once we ran out of our 40 ball clip, and i ended up trading guns with alot of dead people. tell me what you guys think of air soft

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
um, yeah, I'm thinking you took a wrong turn...see in the top left hand corner of the screen where it says " p8ntballer.com" ? It doesn't say "airsofter.com" does it? Hmmm? Does it ??
No!

This is a paintball site.:p ;) :D

Fleisher

Feb 23, 2002
Will somebody PLEASE ban air soft from this forum,its not paintball,it represents everything that paintball has fought to leave behind(para-military image,camo's,"playing soldiers" etc),and I for one find it "a bit suspect ".
I'm sure to some people its great fun as its very popular but the problems paintball has experienced with the whole gun debate are nothing compared to the potential storm from do gooders when they cotton on to full auto ,full size ,replica assault weapons being used and owned by players.
One other thing is the "ammo" used in air soft bio- degradable as the article I've read on it states that the "ammo" is plastic...are the sites ankle deep in the stuff ?

Fleisher

Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by Philip
So how come they can go full auto, yet for paintball its illegal?
Not sure,but I don't think their air powered as they all seem to use a spring/motor system:confused: ,ask Garry and Barry :p

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Originally posted by Philip
So how come they can go full auto, yet for paintball its illegal?
Something to do with projectile energy, which is a product of mass and velocity IIRC. Hotpoint will prolly know a bit more about this sort of thing than I. :D

I seem to remembr that airsoft guns can only be F/A if they use the 0.2g bb's, and don't go above something like 328fps, but those numbers could be way out of course.

Reaver

www.intimidatorowners.com
Aug 26, 2002
USA
Visit site
Originally posted by Fleisher
Will somebody PLEASE ban air soft from this forum,its not paintball,it represents everything that paintball has fought to leave behind(para-military image,camo's,"playing soldiers" etc),and I for one find it "a bit suspect ".
I'm sure to some people its great fun as its very popular but the problems paintball has experienced with the whole gun debate are nothing compared to the potential storm from do gooders when they cotton on to full auto ,full size ,replica assault weapons being used and owned by players.
One other thing is the "ammo" used in air soft bio- degradable as the article I've read on it states that the "ammo" is plastic...are the sites ankle deep in the stuff ?
Why dont you like woods?

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Originally posted by Flash-Bugout

Something to do with projectile energy, which is a product of mass and velocity IIRC. Hotpoint will prolly know a bit more about this sort of thing than I. :D

Long story short. The energy level on Airsoft projectiles is so low they classify as toys not airguns and therefore fall outside Firearm Legislation

Nice to know that in legal terms Airsofters really are just kids with shiny plastic toys :D