Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AirSoft

Hobbes88

Banned
Aug 6, 2002
Visit site
And another thing about Painball "loosing" its image of being something horribly wrong(dont get me wrong, i love paintball, and i have two guns), Here in Washington DC, recently there have been a couple of "shootings:" Some people have been going around, shooting people with blow guns, and also there were a couple of guys going around with paintball guns shooting people. One or Two people have lost an eye about it. So ultimitely, some ass will get the idea of scaring the people even farther, and buying an airsoft gun, which you can practically buy in a toy store at the mall, and going around shooting people.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Hobbes88

I might be thinking of something increadibly different, or i might be right on target(no pun intended). Maybe in UK it is harder to get, but i can easily go out to the store right now and get a box of 25 12 grams. As a matter-o-fact, i have a box sitting in my room right now, and i also have some friends who use them(he has a pump gun, and a 45 round hopper, so it all in all the gun is pretty small).
Yes, there are still a very few old splatmasters & the like around that run on 12 grams, but in general all the new stuff uses constant air or CO2. A rusting, discarded 12 gram is a very rare sight indeed these days whereas "when I wuz young" back in the late '80s you sometimes couldn't see the ground for them.
Small profile yes, but 30 shots if you're lucky then have to change cylinders, or 2000 shots before needing a top up, I know which I prefer as a (mostly) tourney player with an electro semi these days.
Your friend could always go the whole hog & change his little hopper for a 10 shot stick feed;) :D

Da Freak

Oct 1, 2002
ENGLAND. NW
Visit site
NO, NO, NO

AAAAGGGHHH.

sorry, airsoft is for people that cant take the pain!!!

'oh no i was hit by a little BB....'

and like it or not concept/sup air fields are the way forward.
i dont like woods. you an't in the army

:mad:

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
So Da Freak, Are you saying anyone who likes to play woodland is an army wannabe? So you are telling me that you went straight into concept?

Tiny. There is nothing wrong with a little roleplay is there? Also I have met many ballers who take it far too seriously.

What I am trying to say is that we shouldnt look down on anyone just because of their hobby. There are too many people looking down at ballers. If tourney players think that rec ballers are all gun toting rambo wannabes then what hope have we got of non ballers accepting paintball? Coz about 90% of ballers are rec ballers.

Peace

Hobbes88

Banned
Aug 6, 2002
Visit site
NO, NO, NO

Originally posted by Da Freak
AAAAGGGHHH.

sorry, airsoft is for people that cant take the pain!!!

'oh no i was hit by a little BB....'

and like it or not concept/sup air fields are the way forward.
i dont like woods. you an't in the army

:mad:
actually the ball hurts more than a paintball -- maybe its just my skin, but when i got hit with a bb or whatever it is, i bled a couple of times(3 or 4), when i get hit by a paintball, the paintball explodes, causes maybe a small lump in your arm, but nothing else. And like Crom said, there is nothing wrong with role play. besides, i think both paintball and airsoft both have role play involved. How does paintball have anything to do with roleplaying you ask? Have you ever played a game where the main goal is to get the other team out? And yes, it is about having a laugh and having fun. thats the reason i play both paintball and airsoft.

Da Freak

Oct 1, 2002
ENGLAND. NW
Visit site
i dont mean that every woods paintballer player is an army wannabe. I just dont like people how go over the top.
For paintball to grow as a sport it needs to move away from that image.

and i should have said i prefare concept/sup air fields over woods.
I dont play much rec ball anymore like the faster pace of tournament paintball.

ok, so with airsoft 'your' sure when your hit because you say it hurts. Can only honest people play or do they check for bruses. sorry, what im sayin is that its hard enough gettin people out when there covered in paint how does it work with airsoft, theres not mark????

Hobbes88

Banned
Aug 6, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Da Freak
i dont mean that every woods paintballer player is an army wannabe. I just dont like people how go over the top.
For paintball to grow as a sport it needs to move away from that image.

and i should have said i prefare concept/sup air fields over woods.
I dont play much rec ball anymore like the faster pace of tournament paintball.

ok, so with airsoft 'your' sure when your hit because you say it hurts. Can only honest people play or do they check for bruses. sorry, what im sayin is that its hard enough gettin people out when there covered in paint how does it work with airsoft, theres not mark????
there isnt one if you use regular airsoft balls, however, if you use mini paintball type things, you have paint splattered on you from where you go hit

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Ok I know a few guys who do airsoft, they do a "milsim" down south near dragons lair and they do take it seriously as live role playing.
Most sites in the uk that do airsoft require the use of bio degradable bb's and for night games they have flash gun thingy's in the barrels to light up them little balls and it looks like tracer fire.
As for traind fire arms police being able to spot the differance between these things and the real things their was that bloke in london shot by firearms officers, he was holding a lighter shaped like a gun. I support the police reaction on that one, hold something like a gun and they will shoot.
Incidentally a lot of sites that run airsoft games are also paintball sites. (Swat Paintball near Fflint being one)
I hope that lot made sense:D