Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AirSoft

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Darkwerks
These would be the same armed police who shot a guy carrying a chair leg in a carrier bag then?
That would be the chair leg that was reported to the police by a witness that was definately, unquestioningly without any doubt a sawn off shotgun in the bag, (until the inquest when he "wasn't sure", too bloody late now).

I don't blame the police if you're told someone is armed and they refuse to follow your orders, (like a normal person would faced with loads of coppers with guns) and points what you have reason to believe is a gun at you or someone else you shoot first and check later. Protection of the greater number and all that, actually legal under the act of reasonable force as I used to train that little bit of law.

There was a 'great' case in Liverpool a while ago, bloke goes a bit strange and runs around the streets threatening people with a Katana in the depths of night, police try to calm him down and disarm him and he charges at they brandising the sword. Police shoot him before he kills someone, family demand to know why he was shot.

Probably because he was charging around threatening people with a sword!

If I charge around in the dark with my paintball marker coloured or not and I pointed it at you would you be able to tell in that split second was it a marker or a real gun.....if you were a member of the public that had never saw a paintball marker...it's a gun, looks like a gun, sounds like a gun and things come at you.

That's the one I'm waiting for in the UK some muppet getting shot for brandishing a paintball marker at police. Forget your camo/no camo arguments that's the sport wrecker.

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
These would be the same armed police who shot a guy carrying a chair leg in a carrier bag then?
Copper points a gun at you and says "lie down" what do you do? point the "chair leg" at him? Remember an off license was held up by some bloke with a banana in his pocket. If its the right shape they will respond. Moral of the story is "yes sir right away sir do you want suger in that?"

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by John Molloy

Copper points a gun at you and says "lie down" what do you do? point the "chair leg" at him? Remember an off license was held up by some bloke with a banana in his pocket. If its the right shape they will respond. Moral of the story is "yes sir right away sir do you want suger in that?"
When someone with a gun and a badge say's "lie down" I'm lying the hell down, not moving and behaving myself until they tell me I can get up.....hell if they haven't got a badge I may well be obeying them after all they've got a gun!

To get this back towards aintball and off a pro-police thread I was watching one of those 'american cops from helicopter' shows a couple of months ago as they pull over a coach on the grounds that witnesses saw them waving guns around. SWAT units, helicopters, megaphones, people taken off the coach one by one hands in air and lying down in the desert with guns pointed at them the whole time...and why?

the *******s had paintball markers and were pointing them at passers by through the windows. These are the creeps how bad do you want a sport to look, to the public that was camo clad nutters brandishing guns. Not camo clad paintballers on there way to a fun day. It's not always about the dress but the intelligence!

I have to admit on my way to the RDX tryouts t'other Sunday I was bricking myself as I got pulled over by plod and asked to open the boot. When I explained that the items in the boot in the bags weren't real guns but paintball markers and I was on my way to a site etc they were cool about it. But it could have been OH so different. Definate 5p 50p syndrome!

I'm nice to police when they're with me, it doesn't pay to do otherwise, though I will report them to there superiors if they pee me off....after all they're public servants!:D

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Originally posted by Cube

When someone with a gun and a badge say's "lie down" I'm lying the hell down, not moving and behaving myself until they tell me I can get up.....hell if they haven't got a badge I may well be obeying them after all they've got a gun!

To get this back towards aintball and off a pro-police thread I was watching one of those 'american cops from helicopter' shows a couple of months ago as they pull over a coach on the grounds that witnesses saw them waving guns around. SWAT units, helicopters, megaphones, people taken off the coach one by one hands in air and lying down in the desert with guns pointed at them the whole time...and why?

the *******s had paintball markers and were pointing them at passers by through the windows. These are the creeps how bad do you want a sport to look, to the public that was camo clad nutters brandishing guns. Not camo clad paintballers on there way to a fun day. It's not always about the dress but the intelligence!

I have to admit on my way to the RDX tryouts t'other Sunday I was bricking myself as I got pulled over by plod and asked to open the boot. When I explained that the items in the boot in the bags weren't real guns but paintball markers and I was on my way to a site etc they were cool about it. But it could have been OH so different. Definate 5p 50p syndrome!

I'm nice to police when they're with me, it doesn't pay to do otherwise, though I will report them to there superiors if they pee me off....after all they're public servants!:D
I'd hate to be in situation where they tell me to lay down, cos i know i'd argue a bit first :rolleyes: :(

I hate being told what to do, i wouldn't even lay down for my ex-gf ;) :D

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Ok, i'll give you that one, you seem to be on a role tonight :D

Nope, not why she left me...cos i annoyed her, and something about not paying attention to her, damn, what was her name again ;) :D

Little Jon

Banned
May 1, 2002
Planet X
www.paintballextreme.co.uk
Paintballs have a glycerine shell and food colouring and fish oil fill, so yes, completely biodegradable ( and edible, though I don't recomend it)
my dog ate a paintball today under my desk:D all i could smell was the horrible orange smell of the victory competition balls:eek:

my airsoft desert eagle i have uses a spring and fires 0.5 joules of energy every shot, u can get blowback airsoft but it uses gas, and alot of it, fully auto airsofts real size are like £300, and they have huge clips, like 600 shots its insane, but paintballing is sooooooooooooooooo much better than airsoft