Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Al & Latham - this one's for you!

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
...and indeed, anyone else who plays tournament paintball in the UK.

Al, Chris, you said it seemed a little quiet round here, and that most of the action is in the classifieds.

That's a fair assessment.

That said, I am involved with a bid to have paintball officially recognized as a sport in the UK. That means, amongst other things, funding for teams, and perhaps a national stadium. That's right, free money.

I have a meeting coming up re this shortly, so I will post up afterwards to update you.

All I would ask of you is two things:-

1. When you get some of this fat cash, remember the retailers in the UK that have supported you and make sure you spend it with them, not on importing gats from the USA.

2. Make sure you are a paid-up member of the UKPSF.

Now, I know the naysayers will jump on this saying "it will never happen". Well, it will. The worst-case scenario is that it will take a maximum of two years from this point to achieve.

But when we do get there, it will be one of the biggest things to hit UK paintball.

Reactions: LATHAM and Stephen

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
This is awesome news Jonno. Good to see someone finally trying to make it happen.

If I ever get any fat cash I will be at the front of the queue getting myself a new Geo! And speaking of current UKPSF membership, how the hell do I renew mine? Is it still compulsory so you can compete in UK tournaments like it was when the PA league was about?

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Good work Jonno!! For me it needs to go into events and the running of them. Field rent, kit, scoring systems and allow those with a passion to help push things on a bit, or at least to where we all want it to be.

Could easily be wasted in the wrong hands.

I could use a GEO tho ☺

Reactions: LATHAM