Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Alex Lundqvist banned from playing EXL

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Sounds clear cut to me

Alex cant play for Joy - if he did any EXL team can get NXL players to roster for them

The fact that Alex is Swedish is irrelevant - he is a rostered NXL player and therefor is precluded from the EXL

Max left NXL and he's allowed to play EXL

Thems the rules Alex - sorry buddy - I dont think they are banning Alex - its just you are the only one trying to have a foot in both camps

Mark

Let's get things straight....

1) I am Canadian - not American - not a knock on those south of the border - just stating a fact.

2) I have lived in Denmark for the past 13 years - have had Danish residence for the past 6 (can't be a dual citizen in DK - one or the other - so I won't give up my Canadian). The only 2 teams I have ever played for are the Berserks and the Ducks - never NXL.

3) The game of X-Ball is "supposed to transform paintball into a real sport" - how many other real sports do you see top level players jumping from one team to the other and back again as they wish?? Beckham, Shaq, Kobe, A-Rod etc. etc. etc - NO YOU DON'T. Also, does the NXL not have rule about players not being allowed to play on other teams??

Now if Alex's case is one of not being able to play for Joy - and Joy only (not NY extreme & joy) - because he lives in the states, then I think he has a right to bitch. If he wants to play on both teams, then I think there is a problem here.

We all want PB to be taken seriously, one of the things that makes look amateurish is the amount of roster jumping that occurs - you can't tell the players without a program :). ALSO what if Joy meets NYEx in the finals at the WC?? Who will he play for??

Joy Division only - let him play – otherwise pick a team....

goose

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Let's get things straight....

Originally posted by goose
1) I am Canadian - not American - not a knock on those south of the border - just stating a fact.

2) I have lived in Denmark for the past 13 years - have had Danish residence for the past 6 (can't be a dual citizen in DK - one or the other - so I won't give up my Canadian). The only 2 teams I have ever played for are the Berserks and the Ducks - never NXL.

3) The game of X-Ball is "supposed to transform paintball into a real sport" - how many other real sports do you see top level players jumping from one team to the other and back again as they wish?? Beckham, Shaq, Kobe, A-Rod etc. etc. etc - NO YOU DON'T. Also, does the NXL not have rule about players not being allowed to play on other teams??

Now if Alex's case is one of not being able to play for Joy - and Joy only (not NY extreme & joy) - because he lives in the states, then I think he has a right to bitch. If he wants to play on both teams, then I think there is a problem here.

We all want PB to be taken seriously, one of the things that makes look amateurish is the amount of roster jumping that occurs - you can't tell the players without a program :). ALSO what if Joy meets NYEx in the finals at the WC?? Who will he play for??

Joy Division only - let him play – otherwise pick a team....

goose

Goose.

First of all we wouldnt ever dream of voting against your right to play the EXL.

But the entire make the sport serious, and not having players jump between teams issue argument is very shady.
All of a sudden everybody is for restricting players movment, same people that have been talking about the NXL making a mistake trapping there players in 1 legue.

If we would go with your arguments at point 3. Wouldnt it be the same as restricting ANY movment at any division at any legue?
I sure as hell dont want that...

Magued

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Magued

Its like David Beckham Playing for Real Madrid in their half of the Champions League and for Manchester United in the other half.

If they get to the final who is he going to play for?

It just doesnt happen in football - it should happen in any sport.

Playing NXL and NPPL/Millenniums should be allowed. EXL/Millennium/NPPL is ok but within the transfer rules already laid out

But playing EXL/NXL is not right (unless you start with one team and finish with another, having made a full break from the first of course).

They are ultimately the same competion

Thats the crux of the matter

Magued my man, long time no talk...

As far as my opinions on player transfer go - well anyone who has bothered to read anything I have ever written on this subject knows that I have always suggested a tigher control on players & their movements.

Last year Nick & I played for Sydicate in Campaign - we did so for 2 reasons. 1 - we wanted to play Campaign & X-Ball, 2 - we wanted to prve a point about how loose the transfer rules where in the MS.

The same thing is going on here. IF X-Ball is ever going to make it big time & with a payday for the players - it has to resemble soemthing organized. In most peoples minds - a league that has players who can play for whatever team they wish is not serious.

You should know me well enough that what I am saying is not about Alex - I like him, think he's a great player and have the utmost respect for him - and if he wanted to play exclusively for Joy I would be supporting you guys 1000000% to let him play - even if he still lived in the states. But I can't see how letting him play for 2 teams willl help the sport.

No one has "forced" the NXL or EXL players to sign-on-the-dotted-line. If they want the freedom to play wherever and whenever they want then don't sign - but if you want a possible payday when/if TV ever comes into it then you have to give up some things.

Again - you don't see other "professional" athletes playing for whoever they want. For good or bad - X-Ball is an attempt to bring us up a level - and to do that we have to be serious.

One last thing - if you where to play NYEx - who would Alex play for??

goose

P.S. Damn you're fast Mark - slow down your typing dude - or maybe I should write less :(

neil mochan

turtle
Jun 17, 2003
Cannock
Visit site
margued,

you guys are pro players and im sure you as much as everyone else wants to push to sport forward.
bearing this in mind, would you not think it would make more sense to lock a player to one team or at least have to transfer to the another team just like every other pro sport out there.
this is surly just one of the things the sport will have to do in order to move forward.
if you look at even the lowest division of football, a player can't play for two teams in the same league, granted the leagues are different but joy+nyx have a good chance of meeting at the world cup then what would happen.

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Goose

I'm totally behind what you're saying.

The problem is with paintball is that it all costs so much, even now with far better sponsorship packages flying around.

So people will try and please themselves and damn everyone else.

At the moment the 'game' is trying to become a sport and we rely on the law makers and each other to try and adhere some semblance of a sport.

There are lots of holes and these will slowly be tightened up. Some cant be addressed in the short term but this one re Alex (and as you say, this is no anti-Alex thing) is clear cut and easy to resolve.

Leave NYX and play for Joy if you want EXL ball. Otherwise stay with NYX and meet the Swedes in Orlando (maybe;) )

I cant see any other way unless we take another step backwards!

Mark

Goose - type less dude;)