The Home Of European Paintball

alias settings

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by pb-afroman
Paul, I use a v35 halo, however with BIP at .1 ms. If you drop yours down it may increase your ROF marginally.
If you are shooting a gun with a Frenzy board in it and using a fast hopper, i.e. a HALO. then...

The gun actually recognises the hopper you are using and adjusting the BIP lower will make NO difference whatsoever.

With a WAS board it would, but not with a Frenzy.

All Alias and 2k4 style guns come with Frenzy.

We found a way to make the software recognise the Halo hopper, and so I always set the BIP to 5ms. It makes no difference to ROF with a Halo. What it does do, is if you ever shoot the hopper dry, it stops you chopping those last balls that are no longer force feed. I.e. it only slows the gun down when it recognises the feed is back to being by gravity.

If you are shooting a gun with WAS you do need to set the BIP value and tune it in lower as you use a faster and better hopper.

If you really want to squeeze every ounce of performance out of the gun with Frenzy, then you can start reducing the 'bolt' value. I've never got a gun to work consistently and correctly with it below 10. If you lower this value and start to get skipped shots and chops then you have gone too far. Most often I end up setting it at around 12.

Also if your consistency can take it, reducing your dwell helps shave milliseconds too. But it can be at a detriment to your consistency and thus accuracy.

Shaving 3ms off the bolt time and 1 off the dwell time does make the gun noticeably faster. :D

fatbeerboy

george jung is my idol
Nov 17, 2003
moo moo land
Visit site
right i got hard detents, got an hybrid ram cap put a halo on, set all the settings and.................................... chop, chop ,chop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any idea's???? i set the bolt so it was just in the breach by about 1mm is this right?:( :(

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I have a theory...

There is a lot of room under the eye covers. If you remove them and have a look, you will see what I mean.

When I got my Dark, I kept having my eye mode shift from "force" to "simulate." Effectively, the eyes were turning off by themselves. It seems the eyes were rocking back from the vibration of the first shot, so that they were misaligned. They then defaulted into simulate, so that I chopped a lot.

Sounds to me like you need to pull the cotton off some Q*tips, stuff it in the space in the eye covers, behind where the eye will nest. This will push the eyes firmly into the holes, so that the beam will align properly.

I bet this is it. I have known a lot of people who have experienced this issue. The Q*tip cotton is known as the "Dirt Products Ghetto Timmy Eye Mod," if anyone asks. I hope it helps.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I am talking about the eyes on the gun. Hopper doesn't matter. Your gun should fine with any hopper, don't you think? If it doesn't, it ain't fixed.

PS I use an Egg now, so it oughta be fine.

fatbeerboy

george jung is my idol
Nov 17, 2003
moo moo land
Visit site
yes i would expect it to work with any hopper and it does apart from a halo and i need the halo as it is restricted to about 12bps and i want more speed!! it just doesn't make sense:confused: :confused: