Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Alias Timmy?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Pretty much all markers these days are near identical in performance, the Timmy alegedy has the edge on speed because it is easy to shoot fast. But a well set up cocker will usually eat it for breakfast on acuracy. All much of a muchness really.

Time to use the oft used statement of 'Try out all the top markers and see which one u prefer to shoot'. For all you know you might loathe the way a timmy shoots and feels. I hated the early ones, felt awful and cheap. I'd like to try the new platform and see how different it is.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by TheBroz
ahhhhhh

*sudenly goes off wanting an Empire Timmy*

hold on.....Ironmen using a timmy?! Err...the LA Ironmen use DM4s...i assume you mean the Oakland Assassins (what used to be Bob Long's Ironmen)?
errr.......don't know what you mean mate, of course I said Assasins ;):D;)

The empire looks great and all, but the things I like about the Alias aren't on it. You can tell, have a look at the Empire and check the space from the back of the grip to the back of the gun, there is room for a full snatch grip, the Alias has a much smaller gap top to the back of the gun. Plus I much prefer the set back feedneck, best balanced Timmy yet.

As for being the best, no it isn't, I don't think any gun now can claim to be that as the variables involved are so small. I like the way the Alias feels, like the way it shoots and it has the consistancy, speed and ease of use I value.

Its not perfect, no gun is to me, but I'd always take it over another.

Ronniepimpstar

Factory Paintball
Dec 7, 2003
Factorypaintball.co.uk
I'm with you on that one!! That's why I'm waiting for my new E-Blade as we speak!!:D

But originally this thread was based on a statement to me saying how this Alias will break the mould on paintball markers, so wanted to know how true it was. Always room for improvement, but in my opinion today's best all round marker is still the cocker! That doesn't mean I want it to stop there though!:cool:

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
Originally posted by Ronniepimpstar
Mak-D

You know I owe you big for this!!
Was willing to go to Germany armed with bad language but I knew the Eclipse crew would pull us out of the sh#t

Massive props;) It is appreciated:cool:
No probs bro the real hero's are the Old skool planet crew, their well on top of things for you man ;)

Take it easy

Mak Daddy
:cool:

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Ther is just no gun that is so far and away superior to the rest that it is "the best." What Ronnie is asking about is if the Alias is the gun that changes the standard. No. But is very very nice, certain a top tier marker (along with a DM4, Nexus eBlade, Angel A4 Fly, etc.).

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
In Paintball these days (and a lot of things for that matter)....what is 'best' is the one the most people use. Back in the day it used to be Angels, but these days everyone and their mother is moving over to Timmys, so by rights they MUST be the best :p

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I stand corrected

Hey all,

Got my hands on a couple of Empire Timmy's here this weekend and it seems that they are more alias like that I first thought, however they aren't all identical.

All of them are the "old" body length and feed neck placement as the 2K2's

One had the old style ram, with the Alias ASA and an old LPR

Another had a newer style ram (but still slightly different to the Alias, although functions the same by the looks of it), Alias ASA and old LPR

Third had the new ASA, Empire ram and New LPR.

Comparing side by side with an Alias it is longer (by about 3/4") and marginally taller it seemed, still shot good though.

So, there ya go :)