Urban

Oct 31, 2001
Beds, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by stongl
Urban,
fo'shizzle
Noooooooo! Not that!!! :D

On the rest, yes.. strangely enough I had just posted up mentioning coaching and when the page reloaded, there was your post..

I think we agree on quite a few issues here.. and I quite like FaceFull myself.. ;)

Urban

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
OK so my take on the new Magazine.

Originally posted by manike
Bit's I don't like... far too much pink!!! ;)
......................................................................................
Oh and less pink please... more blue!
Heretic!:p

And Urban - the cost of going over to the States is broadly comparable to playing @ Toulouse or one the other Millenniums, hence the intention of tha 'Love to travel as much as we can for the experience next season:)

Now, if only I could get past US immigration:( ;)

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Urban
The point still remains that most Brit teams would get caned for the outlay. Wicked played Am-B at Campaign and apparently post Novice State-side.. good guys to play, and we managed to get them panicked when we played them, but if they are Novice in the States...
But they played what is the equivalent of Novice over here (AM B).

But one point you are missing is that they are not the 'Average' USA novice. Not by a long way. They are one of the best USA Novice teams, and really ought to be looking at AM status soon. Our average novice team would be behind the average USA novice team yes, but you would still win some and loose some. And have quite a time doing it!

The bad thing about teams at the top of their divisions in the USA is that they refuse to move up until they think they will be in the top of the next division up. It's not unheard of to see an Amateur team kicking arse for several seasons, then moving up and kicking arse in pro also. Strange and the Dogs come to mind.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Re: OK so my take on the new Magazine.

Originally posted by MrPink
And Urban - the cost of going over to the States is broadly comparable to playing @ Toulouse or one the other Millenniums, hence the intention of tha 'Love to travel as much as we can for the experience next season :)
Absolutely. Look forward to seeing you guys stateside!

mikeyR

Apr 3, 2003
Sussex, England
Originally posted by manike
But they played what is the equivalent of Novice over here (AM B).

But one point you are missing is that they are not the 'Average' USA novice. Not by a long way. They are one of the best USA Novice teams, and really ought to be looking at AM status soon. Our average novice team would be behind the average USA novice team yes, but you would still win some and loose some. And have quite a time doing it!

The bad thing about teams at the top of their divisions in the USA is that they refuse to move up until they think they will be in the top of the next division up. It's not unheard of to see an Amateur team kicking arse for several seasons, then moving up and kicking arse in pro also. Strange and the Dogs come to mind.
As this thread seems to of jacked itself into a US v UK playing style, I would make this comment.

I watched Wicked in all of their Friday afternoon games at Campaign, (which if memory serves include the Apoc game on the Draxxus field? and if I'm right you played well against them).

The difference I noticed between them(and other US teams) and UK/European teams was their movement of players due to a manic amount of paint being fired forward (those Timmys are sweet). Not only was the suppression fire intense, they dont play with a 'traditional' back player, who goes to the corner and stays there the whole game. Their back player is as fast as their front player and will get involved further up the field at some stage, not just sit and wait. I got talking to some of the Wicked players and they said:

" We come from So Cal and this is how we play, everyone does!"

With the exception of some UK/European teams, until we embrace a more fluid, fast style of play, UK/European teams will not be able to compete.

The days of the fat back man are numbered ;)