Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

All-new PGI

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
When it comes to design, my watch-word is integration. I appreciate what you have tried to do, but I say that everything is too compartmentalized in the design- as if different people worked on one aspect of the cover, then put it together a la exquisite corpse. It would be ok to have diffent designers working together, most large creative projects do, but putting elements together should be the province of one person, and the elements should be provided by others.
Plus, it is sort of stiff. Where the old covers looked neck deep in the paintball world, this looks like an outside view. Too distant and composed.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Ant Jones
Read and then give us yer comments on the spanky new look. More comments welcomed once you've learnt to read and spent some time on the bog with the actual mag, when it arrives on your doorstep.
I think I will reserve judgement until it lands on my doorstep and I get to read it on the bog, which I have to say will be mighty impressive when it happens since I no longer have a subscription... :D

Can't wait for it to get here! Although how you remember/know my address is a little bit scary. ;)

I must admit the way the magazine has gone over the last 12 months has been impressive and it's been a big step forwards. The way it's been put together and the photography has been absolutely excellent. You can't judge a book by it's cover (?) so I will wait until I have seen the new look magazine in real life.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Hmmm, shows what most of you lot know.

Obviously your all uncultured thugs or Students who've never seen a copy of Wallpaper before (attached link). Shame on the lot of you.

Finally Paintball can gain the Bourgeois acceptance (and now we know that the editorial staff all live in Mock Georgian houses), it's always needed. Thank you PGI boys, PGI has found a place on my coffee table at home (amongst the ho's Vogue's, Cosmos and Tatlers).

Can we have a Conde-nast guide to balling hotels, somewhere we can keep the students and proletariat at arms length.

Wallpaper

D

duffistuta

We were more inspired by Dirt, Document and Ride magazines, though Robbo is a big fan of Wallpaper...his hero is Laurence Llewellyn Bowen

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Again I have to side with the old cover.

(I work in a 6th form college) and the new one looks like a lazy students work (no offence) but to have it seperated is like put one type box there, then one there and done. No attempt to try to jazz it up.

My question to the creators, why the change?

Monetary (cost too much to produce the old style?)
Appeal (try to appeal to a new audience?)

D

duffistuta

Boredom.

We thought the old one was stale and we wanted a change - if after you all see the inside you still think the old one is better than I will eat Tyger's deer costume.

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Originally posted by duffistuta
Boredom.

We thought the old one was stale and we wanted a change - if after you all see the inside you still think the old one is better than I will eat Tyger's deer costume.
You stay away from my deer costume.

pervert. :rolleyes: :D :p

But, umm, I'm gonna have to agree on the cover thing. I mean, what's that guy with the tattoo on his forearm gonna do now?

-Tyger