Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Am I safe?

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
Hi all. Fairly new so please if someone can help me out I'd be grateful!

Ok so, I have a bt omega and o2 bottle. Filled it up shot some paint all good.

Took my bottle to BP in bham for refill as its my local site. Took my marker out and shot some more paint...

This time I saw gas coming out the barrel with every shot... like when you go to a punter game and you use Co2.

My point.. can o2 bottles take co2? If so what is the damage likely to be?

I now have an etha n im scared to shoot it cos I dont want to damage the marker...

Do you get gas like this with just air?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

liamgreen09

Feb 26, 2014
Kent, South East England
Hi all. Fairly new so please if someone can help me out I'd be grateful!

Ok so, I have a bt omega and o2 bottle. Filled it up shot some paint all good.

Took my bottle to BP in bham for refill as its my local site. Took my marker out and shot some more paint...

This time I saw gas coming out the barrel with every shot... like when you go to a punter game and you use Co2.

My point.. can o2 bottles take co2? If so what is the damage likely to be?

I now have an etha n im scared to shoot it cos I dont want to damage the marker...

Do you get gas like this with just air?

When using hpa there most of the time is a small cloud of gas at the end of the barrel when you shoot just no where near as much as when you use co2 so you probably was using hpa and have nothing to worry about :)

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Never fill a bottle and regulator designed for air with CO2, or the otherway round, they are designed for the specific gas they are certified for. It's both potentially dangerous and illegal.

A puff from the barrel with air isn't unusual, varies with weather and temperature, but isn't as obvious as CO2 most of the time.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A couple of years ago (it is alledged) an air cylinder was filled with co2
There were no adverse affects or lasting damage

However it ought not to be easy, as air systems are filled by air pressure directly into the cylinder via the fill nipple which is pushed open by the source being at higher pressure than the cylinders contents. co2 systems are back filled through the ASA. On an air system the regulator is in the way and the co2 would have to pass backwards through the regulator

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
Aah in this case it would have been air and im worrying for nothing. A site like BP wouldnt make an amature mistake like that.

Thanks all