Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

american vs euro style?

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
When I said Tactical I meant Technical.....I'll concede to that, as fror watching games, yup, I try and watch as many as I can in the Mill series buddy don't have the cash to go to the states nor do I have a very understanding wife when it comes to my passion for paintball I'm afraid.

I still think given the right enviroment, training, coaching, time etc we as in the Euro's could build a team to compete at the US level, and adopt some of their styles, surely thats what you are trying to achieve with NeXus? and from what I see doing a good job of it.

US are out in front as far as PB goes, but I still think we can catch up, might take time, effort and alot of training, but I think we can, faith is a brilliant thing.....

But.....going back to my question...why?? Why are US teams different?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Sid
When I said Tactical I meant Technical.....I'll concede to that, as fror watching games, yup, I try and watch as many as I can in the Mill series buddy don't have the cash to go to the states nor do I have a very understanding wife when it comes to my passion for paintball I'm afraid.

I still think given the right enviroment, training, coaching, time etc we as in the Euro's could build a team to compete at the US level, and adopt some of their styles, surely thats what you are trying to achieve with NeXus? and from what I see doing a good job of it.

US are out in front as far as PB goes, but I still think we can catch up, might take time, effort and alot of training, but I think we can, faith is a brilliant thing.....

But.....going back to my question...why?? Why are US teams different?

Sid, OK, first off, we can compete but we need a couple of things in place before we can ever hope to get up with them, we need to have players who have raw talent and a willingness to learn and work hard.
Secondly, these players need somebody to guide them, somebody who knows what they are doing and not just 'talks the talk'.

They also need somebody to try and secure industry backing but this can come later but it has to come at some stage.

As for just why the Yanks play more aggressively than Europeans is a bit more difficult question to answer and has its roots deeply embedded in the way our game has developed over here in the past years.
It is undeniable that the 'average' Yank team will move a lot more than the 'average' Euro team but it is almost impossible to plot the sometimes subtle determinants in a continent's style direction.

You could similarly ask why the Italian league soccer of 70's was so artistic as against the technical approach of the Germans as against the flamboyance displayed by the South Americans, such as Brazil and Argentina.
It is quite easy to acknowledge those style differentials but quite another to explain them in terms of national evolutionary trails.
In short, I don't honestly know a definitive answer to that question.
But just because we can’t explain it should not fool us into thinking there is no difference, there is !!!!

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
True

I see where you are coming from as far as Footballing terms, I suppose in some twisted way Paintball is the same, geezzz...Americans are terrible at football ;)

Going to finish my burger and talk nice to the Wife, see if she will let me go to Huntingdon Beach next year, I'll ask her to call you so you can tell her I'm going over there to study.....

See you at Campaign.

Sid

ices

Banned
Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo

As for just why the Yanks play more aggressively than Europeans is a bit more difficult question to answer and has its roots deeply embedded in the way our game has developed over here in the past years.
It is undeniable that the 'average' Yank team will move a lot more than the 'average' Euro team but it is almost impossible to plot the sometimes subtle determinants in a continent's style direction.

Never too late to change, which im doing right now :)

I think we have a more reserved approach to it as the yanks are more open, dont ya think?

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Forgive me for jumping in here, but isn't a lot of it down the to pure skill of the teams an American team can train against. Its much easier to improve when you play aginst a better or similar class team as opposed to a lower class team. Some would argue that the skill base in the UK is a lot lower than that in the US and I think much of it is to do with the sheer amount of players the americans have at their disposal to chose a team from.

ices

Banned
Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
The more constructive training you do, the better you become.

Ever played an online FPS game before?
The yanks can have their asses beaten by Euros and vice versa.