Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Amsterdam hits Jackpot !!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I apologise if someone else has covered this news item but I've just heard that Tommy Cole's Amsterdam event has over 200 teams booked in …. I spoke to Tommy last night very briefly but I will be calling him back tonight for a fuller account of the all the details surrounding this news.

If it's true then it will prove to be a huge encouragement to our sport/industry because at the very least, it indicates a healthy condition.

As I say, I'll get back to you guys with a better account of the details tonight but in the meantime, I think there'll be a few industry people smiling at this news.

Reactions: rocknroll

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
203 teams signed up! That includes the country teams though.
This is easily the largest event of the season though, and largest since 2012?!

Great to see so many people coming over. Tom also has shared some plans for changes to next year that will hopefully attract even more teams.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I've just got off the phone from Tommy Cole and I'll try and write it up tonight so I can post it up on here tomorrow.

Some of the things he told me were literally, unbelievable, leastwise for a cynical, pessimist like me.

If the numbers achieved for this Amsterdam are not a one-off aberration then I think we are maybe witnessing the green-shoots of recovery the industry/sport have been waiting for all this time.
Ironically though, it hasn't come in the form of a woodland tournament revival but in the open arena format which some people had written off.

Tommy still thinks there's hope for growth in the woodland revival but we're gonna have to wait and see what happens with that.

I'll post up the interview tomorrow if all goes well.

PS Cheers Ledz !