Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

An apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ollytheosteo

My name is Olly Bell and I have been active on the UK paintball scene for 15 years. I am starting this thread to apologise for my recent comments regarding UK team Red Heat in the thread “Red Heat officialy leave PA” (sic) in the most public fashion possible.

On the 19th April at 12:19 pm I posted the following comment

Left the building, left the PA.......

After a quick review of the incoherent ranting crap they've posted in this thread is there any way they can be persuaded to leave the country?

Or the sport?

in response to a long thread, which touched upon the ramping markers issue and in my view went over ground long since trodden flat by the boys and girls upon this and other boards. Anyone who knows me knows that I am given to inappropriate flippancy at times, and I had no real desire to cause offence but was instead bored of reading some arguments that I felt were incoherent and rambling. I then forgot about the whole thing and went on about my business.

Whilst leaving the NvS site on Sunday last, alone, sore and tired after a day of play, I was approached by a shaven headed gentleman who introduced himself as Lee of Red Heat, accompanied by three or four of his friends/teammates. He succinctly and emphatically informed me of the distress my comments had caused him and his team, and kindly reminded me in some detail of the physical consequences that would ensue if I were fail to watch my ****ing mouth on the internet in future. I unfortunately took his remarks as an attempt at humour, at which point he was nice enough to remind me as to the sort of man he was and of the real and genuine threat to my future health that posting such comments could engender. Indeed it was only the kindness of his friends in reminding him that I was, indeed, not worth it that prevented me from reaping the consequences of my rude and foolish behaviour right there and then and deservedly having my “head taken clean off my shoulders”. With that in mind, and the fact that Red Heat has players in my native Norfolk, I would like to make the following statement as publicly as the internet will allow;

I would like to offer both Lee and Red Heat a sincere and complete apology for any distress my thoughtless and impertinent post may have caused them, and undertake not to express any disrespect towards them in the future. I offer no excuse for my conduct save for the fact that I was suffering from the stresses of both starting a new business and my long-term health problems, neither of which justify my actions. I hope that we can put this whole unfortunate business behind us and that I can escape without any physical harm as I have recently regained my flagging love of life and would hate to have it cut short as a consequence of my stupidity. I am sorry that I judged Red Heat by the actions of one of their members, as talking to Lee has shown me that they are exemplary ambassadors for the sport and I wish the team every success in the future.

D

duffistuta

Eh?

Is this a wind-up?

You were threatened cos of that post?

Any of the red Heat players involved want to comment before I ban you all?

fghost

i love WGP4Life
Feb 8, 2005
westside
Visit site
its nice to see lee living up to his name as the biggest dickhead in uk paintball! why is this man allowed to play in this country i have seen many out bursts from him and now he is threatening people for expressing there views on a public forum. just in case i apologise to lee and red heat if my comments offend so he doesn't have to have a word with me. i talk back ;)

O

ollytheosteo

Steve- please don't ban anyone. I can't stand living in fear anymore:(

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
Originally posted by ollytheosteo
I was approached by a shaven headed gentleman who introduced himself as Lee of Red Heat, accompanied by three or four of his friends/teammates. He succinctly and emphatically informed me of the distress my comments had caused him and his team, and kindly reminded me in some detail of the physical consequences that would ensue if I were fail to watch my ****ing mouth on the internet in future. I unfortunately took his remarks as an attempt at humour, at which point he was nice enough to remind me as to the sort of man he was and of the real and genuine threat to my future health that posting such comments could engender. Indeed it was only the kindness of his friends in reminding him that I was, indeed, not worth it that prevented me from reaping the consequences of my rude and foolish behaviour right there and then and deservedly having my “head taken clean off my shoulders”.
If this did happen, then this Lee guy seems like a really nice person, in fact so nice I would happily help him remove his head from up his own arse....

Seriosuly though, has it really come to the point that we have to censor the opinions of a post as a form of protection from physical harm?

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Sweet, Olly, I bow down before the single most complete bitch slapping I've ever seen dished out online. And you did it without getting nasty.
You are my new hero. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.