Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Not involved, would like to comment.

Originally posted by Crusher
The team needs help, (not baiting and jibeing) what kind of a reaction would you expect from someone taunted and forced down, of course they are going to blow and kickback at sometime. And everyone does it differently.
Whatever the taunting and jibing, it can is NEVER, EVER be an excuse to physically threaten someone who a) is crippled (sorry about the term Olly, but relevant in this case) and b) has only ever done his best for the sport he loves. Especially not just because of a mildly amusing throw away comment. Many other people have made much worse comments on the forums about Red Heat, so why did they have to pick on that particular person - was it because he was a person who wouldn't and couldn't fight back? Taking your frustrations out on the weakest possible target is contemptable in the extreme and smacks of childish school yard bullying.

I don't tend to get into these kind of arguments on the forums, but I'd heard the basics of what happened from someone who saw the incident who, if Mark hadn't persuaded Lee to stop, would have waded in himself. FFS, I may be a fat, middle aged woman but I would also have physically intervened if I saw anyone threatening one of the nicest people in the sport!:mad:

O

ollytheosteo

Hey Liz- no worries, I'm am a self proclaimed spakka and it rocks:) I can still play a bit, ride a bicycle and make like a sexual tyrannosaur and I don't have to queue when I go to Alton Towers.

Thanks a lot to all the people who sent nice PM's- I'm really feeling the love:eek: , and thanks to all the people who made this a real contender for funniest thread of all time:D

Contract Killer 05

Mar 26, 2005
SOMANC
Visit site
Sticks and Stones!!!

Who cares about Lee busting out the verbile nunchucks, I hear this sort of stuff all the time, nothing to worrie about Ollie;)

Remember when Simon Cole Attacked me? :eek:

Think he got a 6 month ban or somthing, thats when you worrie when fists are flying, but if i were you i would'nt loose any sleep tonight buddy!!

martin

am member
Dec 12, 2001
Visit site
Re: Not involved, would like to comment.

Originally posted by Liz
Whatever the taunting and jibing, it can is NEVER, EVER be an excuse to physically threaten someone who a) is crippled (sorry about the term Olly, but relevant in this case) and b) has only ever done his best for the sport he loves. Especially not just because of a mildly amusing throw away comment. Many other people have made much worse comments on the forums about Red Heat, so why did they have to pick on that particular person - was it because he was a person who wouldn't and couldn't fight back? Taking your frustrations out on the weakest possible target is contemptable in the extreme and smacks of childish school yard bullying.

nice post if i could write a sentence this is what i would of said.

Mike (Exodus)

Where's me cheese?
Nov 9, 2001
Manchester
Originally posted by ollytheosteo
Hey Liz- no worries, I'm am a self proclaimed spakka and it rocks:) I can still play a bit, ride a bicycle and make like a sexual tyrannosaur and I don't have to queue when I go to Alton Towers.
Anybody who jumps the Nemesis queue is due a kicking... 'specially on a bank holiday :)

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
eddie has a point but this sounded like it was nt just heat of the moment stuff and following some one to a car park when they are on there own is the sh**ttest thing i have heard, now that i have heard that he has health problems jesus christ thats the lowest kind of s**t

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
I have known Olly for many years and consider him one of my best friends. I would just like to point out that although he does have health problems, I dont beleive they bear any relavence in this case. Olly is his own man and can take care of himself.
This sort of behaviour is appalling whoever the victim may be, whatever there age and ability.

Lets not lose site of the fact that the aggressor has behaved deplorably and his actions would have been deemed so even if Robbo were the target.

Bullies always go after the weak or engineer situations where they have the upper hand which is what i beleive happened in this case. Afterall, a clout round the side of the head with one of Olly's sticks is not something I would recommend!!!

In short, the guys moron and should be treated as such and he will get his come-uppance.

Jeff

Skyhawk

Oct 9, 2003
Fetcham, UK
Visit site
This is the best thread ever, Red heat have done well for themselfs here.
Olly, why didn't you go for the classic face hugger on them. I can teach it to you for a fee. Think about it mate, you might have alot less nightmares about those mean red heat boys..

Shylad

Checkout the pussy
Sep 23, 2004
Sunny Brum
Well, here's my bit.

I have recently started playing for Red Heat and have to say this has really shocked me.

I won't be leaving the team as I think the younger guys n girls will need all the support they can get after all the slamming a lot of people are giving the team because of what happened. Most of us have only found out today and weren't even there.

Mad Dog, what you doin dude?
As the older guys in the team we are the ones who the younger ones look up to, i know what happened shouldn't have and no doubt Lee feels the same but there's no need to give up on the team as that's what I feel you are doing.

We all love the sport so lets just put this crap behind us and get on with it.

Ollie, I don't know you dude but am sorry for what happened.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.