Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angel 1... Lightest gun EVER!!!

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
Mario said:
pretty sure they are broz me old mucker.

WDP have their machines on site in brum and im sure planet use a manufacturer in the north. In fact they may even do it themselves.
Perhaps he is referring to the rumored takeover of the Angel brand by a non UK company?

*edit* I beleive Planet use another well known company to handle a lot of the milling for the Ego, based in Aldershot.

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
ah diving into the political side of the sport... s*d that! the gun looks good, shoots good. not really anything more you need in a marker, is there. unless it makes the dinner for you as well...

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
From what i have heard, Angel Techs have been sworn to secrecy over the manufacture of the Angel1.

From what I have gathered, a large amount of the machining is done abroad (alegedly in the far east). The new design for the bolt is intresting because if it's been molded instead of machined, an expensive process unless you have larger facilities available. I'd assume they are put together in the UK but i'm not sure and i doubt you'll get an answer from anyone official

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Not that i'm confirming or denying, but does it matter where any marker is made. They will be made to the specifications set out by wdp or planet, so where they're made is not an issue.

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
There have always been Angel parts that are produced overseas, and that's never been hidden - just look at the 14-way, for example, WDP have frequently publically said that it's Japanese. And there hasn't been any word of mass redundancies at WDP that I've heard, so one can only assume that their production staff are still being gainfully employed.

Besides which, if it really does bother anybody enough, all they need to do is ask them! What's the worst that can happen? They can say 'No comment'. (Well, unless they're actually part of some evil conspiracy and they send a hit squad of squirrel assassins to choke you to death with an acorn)

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
Sinner said:
There have always been Angel parts that are produced overseas, and that's never been hidden - just look at the 14-way, for example, WDP have frequently publically said that it's Japanese. And there hasn't been any word of mass redundancies at WDP that I've heard, so one can only assume that their production staff are still being gainfully employed.

Besides which, if it really does bother anybody enough, all they need to do is ask them! What's the worst that can happen? They can say 'No comment'. (Well, unless they're actually part of some evil conspiracy and they send a hit squad of squirrel assassins to choke you to death with an acorn)

Who told you about the Squirrels?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I don't really care where it is made. Yes i do have some patriotic pride but this marker is really top spec (arguably higher out-the-box spec than any other gun) and is also extremely good value compared to the competition.

Now if this can be done by using a more facilities abroad then i'm all for it. As long as the built quality and quality of materials is maintained. And fromwhat i've discussed with certain people, the build quality exceeds everything else on the market.

From what i have discussed with certain people involved with the marker, it does seem like there is a bit of a cover up over the manufacturer of them.

O

ollytheosteo

Nice knowing you mate, good luck with the Ninja Squirrels:(

Remember they're vulnerable around the nuts;)