Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

angel 1 + pmi hp bottle = ?? :)

The reason the minireg is set for lp air systems rather than both is, it gives a much more accurate and sustainable output if it only needs to cover a smaller pressure range. All angel miniregs can be adjusted to work with hp bottles.
Think of it as a sweet spot on a golf club, the larger the club the bigger the sweet spot. With the minireg the smaller the input pressure difference the larger the sweet spot will be.
So how come you can get far better performing regulators that are not affected by their input pressure?

Whats the tradeoff?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
performance is down to flow rather than control. The angel miniregs give great control, but possibly lack the volume to give great performance at lower pressure.

performance is down to flow rather than control. The angel miniregs give great control, but possibly lack the volume to give great performance at lower pressure.
Thats what I was thinking.

Im not sure what the advantage of sweet spotting the reg is, but it comes at the expense of flow rate and concistency under high flow rates.

I believe if WDP wanted to make the highest flowing, fastest reacting reg, they could.
We've had them for years (for a lovely reg design, look at the palmer stabiliser).
So im confused as to why they dont.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Thats what I was thinking.

Im not sure what the advantage of sweet spotting the reg is, but it comes at the expense of flow rate and concistency under high flow rates.

I believe if WDP wanted to make the highest flowing, fastest reacting reg, they could.
We've had them for years (for a lovely reg design, look at the palmer stabiliser).
So im confused as to why they dont.
A lot of the pro teams used to run the minireg empty, so i expect any development would have been unneccesary. I don't know if the newer angels are being run this way, it wouldn't suprise me if they were.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
The simple answer is that HP is hit and miss with anything from the Speed on up. LP is preferred. If LP and HP were sitting next to each other and you had the choice of either one you wanted, you should pick LP. The mini-reg spring stack mod can solve your HP problems. Or having your tank's reg resprung to a lower pressure. Or buying the CP adapter, which will allow you to use any aftermarket reg you want (the CP adapter costs $30 U.S., so it's not an extravagant expense, especially in relation to paintball gear). Try the tank out, the worst that can possibly happen is that your mini-reg won't cut it down enough and you'll end up shooting hot. In that case, try one of the solutions I just mentioned.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Only issues I've heard of with running HP on an A1 are having difficulty chronoing below 300. Some guns are fine.

Having said that, what type of HP tank you use can determine the results you get. When people have problems, it tends to be with HP tanks which output at the higher end of the scale - I've had '800psi' presets that were set at 850-900psi from stock.

My A1 ran perfectly with the stock minireg using a CP bottle reg - but that outputs at 750psi.

Easiest way to be sure is to fit the CP minireg adapter (they're less than £20)and use an aftermarket reg. I'm now running a CP reg in place of stock, which has the added advantage of being far easier to strip.

Mine - http://www.chimpy.com/miscpics/A1.jpg

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
so i still dunt know how to check the actual output of my pmi bottle. would it be printed on the side or do i need to buy some kinda gauge to do this? im still looking into getting an a1 but im unsure about buying if i have to change my air system out :S

i understand alot of people have already answered this thread and i have read all the posts but some say the reg stack needs changing, some say its fine on HP and others say it doesnt work :X has anyone run a hp pmi 1.1ltr bottle on an a1 with success?