Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angel 4 or Blender!!

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
My A4 is the muts nuts with my HALO, faster than I can shoot! The same HALO on my IR3 was a blender. When my A4 arrived, I pulled it out of the box, put my Angel AIR and HALO on it, went outside and shot the whole damn hopper practically before I knew it was live. And that was before I did any trigger work! Mine's a Force 4 though, so it got inspected and tested by a master tech before it got to me, so perhaps it was already set up before I got it.

If you want to keep your HALO (I bought an Egg for my IR3, and hated it so much I decided to sell the marker and buy a 4 so I could use my HALO), you can try greasing the drive belt, that's supposed to help with it's hatred for some angels. Alot of people want to blame the angels, but since they're all machined at the same factory, to the same specs, and HALO's work on some, but not others, I'm more inclined to believe it's got something to do with the HALO software, or poor quality control on their drive parts, my personal opinion. I'm a firm believer in RTFM, but I understand wanting to go out and shoot your new toy right when you get it too (who wants to read the manual for 2 hours when the coolest marker they've ever seen just made it's way to their door?), that's why the best thing to do is just read up on the marker before you buy it, so you know what you're going to encounter.

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Just to voice my opinion, definately read the manual IN FULL.

Don't just glance through it like I did...........

Once you've actually read all the information, even the little warning boxes and tips, you'll have a much better idea of whats happening. I know it's boring to sit and read it, but just take it in the crapper when you go... works every time. I must have read it 2 or even 3 times now.

I use a halo on my A4, bought from Benfrain, and it's awesome.
Definately take note of what he says, he does know his onions on this subject.

I took my 4 out yesterday as I was having trigger bounce issues, read the manual first about trigger adjustment (again), adjusted the trigger, and then fired 1000 shots through it without a single break/chop.

One thing I would say to check is that you have the loader mounted correctly. First time I put mine on I bent up one of the 'o' rings and it was blocking the paint dropping into the breech from the loader.

For more help, there are specific angel forums on the net. PM me and i'll send you the link.

I'm such a sad git, I even read through other peoples posts. With a marker like this it's important that you know what your doing.:D

thekid

Ego today.Gone tomorrow!
May 8, 2003
Northallerton
Visit site
Hey Wingnut ,funny u should say that about the o-rings,i did notice that one had bent into the feed neck!!.........

after id cleaned it all up,took my time on mounting the Halo,didnt chop any ....(i know its only about 140 balls but its a start)

im going to change the sensi setting to number 1.......

im hoping this will help ...

thanks alot guys

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Now you've splashed out on an A4, may I suggest that you get a good barrel kit, if you havent already, like the Evil Pipe Kit or something similar.

These are essential............

Don't just take my word for it, 'coz if you don't, you'll have the same thing but in the barrell instead......

Paint Soup anyone????

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Not a perfect match......

But, as you can see from my picture, it's quite close depending on what colour your markewr is.

One of the guy's in my team has just bought a dust denim to carbon fade A4.

What I nightmare to get a barrel to match. Looks like he's going to have to get a silver one.

Either that, or like I said, paint soup....... (depending on the bore size of the paint that is).

At our last tournament, I was OK, with the pipe set, but he still only had the stock barrel which blended two differnet colours (same paint). He had an absolute mare. Brand new gun and couldn't shoot more than half a dozen shots without a break in the barrel.

thekid

Ego today.Gone tomorrow!
May 8, 2003
Northallerton
Visit site
ok ppl,the long and the short of it....!!

should i sell the Halo,(i have a chance thats all)and buy an EGG 2........with y board??

will this give me the same feed rate,or should i stick with the Halo,and try and solve the problems............