Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angel 4

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
Assuming by reg you mean air system, then any good quality adjustable output system would be prefered. Need I mention the AIR as an obvious contender? :)

Fixed output air systems can be used on the Angel 4, just like with any other marker. Ideally the Angel 4, as standard, wants 450psi or less input and so may experience issues with input of around 850psi which is typical of high-pressure fixed output systems. If you have such a system system you might find it useful to have the mini-reg (the front grip) adjusted - there is a thread in the Tech area to tell you how to do this: 'speed mini-reg with HP presets' or something like that .

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
It is possible - just - to set up an Angel 4 to work with a good quality 850psi preset, by lowering the dwell & LPR settings, although you will not be able to run the marker at its lowest possible operating pressure ie. you can't use the volumizers supplied with the Angel 4.

Note that some cheaper presets may not be providing the assumed pressure and may in fact be higher. This has caused problems getting both Speeds and Angel 4s below 300fps. Age can also cause a preset's output to creep, depending upon how much the air system has been used and whether it is left pressurized for long periods of time.

Ideally you should modify the mini-reg to allow it to regulate higher input pressures. See the thread I mentioned above for details. :)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Cheers

Originally posted by thekid
ok ,think mine is a fixed out put of 850psi....so will this f**k the new marker or not??
Have a nose at the thread sinner has mentioned, this will allow you to use the 850psi preset on the angel 4, by incresing the useable range of the minireg.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I've tested a minireg out and with only six springs, from the piston large end, 2 up 2 down 2up, gives a working pressure range from 200 psi to 300 psi, which is what you want.

The first springs from the large end of the piston should slope away from the piston large end. This way (( )) ((

If you have the lcd manual look at the mini reg spring stack order and remove the 1st of the 3 right hand springs, this will give you the desired spring stack order.

EDIT...... THIS IS IMPORTANT, THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT PISTON SIZES IN A SPEED OR A4 MINIREG. OLDER MINIREGS HAVE A LONGER PISTON AND HAVE A FLAT SILVER SPACER BELOW THE SPRING STACK TO TAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE. IF THIS FLAT SPACER IS LEFT IN, THEN YOU ONLY USE 6 SPRINGS, IF YOU TAKE THIS SPACER OUT YOU WILL NEED 8 SPRINGS.............WHICH EVER WAY YOU DO THIS ALWAYS CHECK THE OUTPUT FROM THE MINIREG BEFORE GASSING YOUR MARKER UP.

One thing you must remember, there are tolerances in every manufacturing process and you cannot guarantee that each component is the same, so you may find that you get different results for each minireg.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
If it were me, I'd just buy a fixed LP reg (450 psi fixed output, from most HPA manufacturers. www.3apaintball.com sells 450 output tanks for like $150), or put something cheap, like an old used Max Flo, or even a PMI THOR (the THOR costs like $70) reg on your bottle so you can actually utilize the 4's full potential, and not have to re work your reg.