Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angel Lazer eyes?

Skeet

Platinum Member
I remember seeing a demo of why the sky is blue...involved a fishtank of water, with a lamp behind...lamp shone through as expected...he then added some liquid detergent or something...which, as was suggested, did something, that made the water blue in lamp light, but not without it.

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
*Bing*

bonus point to ruthlessp8ntballer, it was andy kanchelskis.

Lo Scannacristiani, skeet et al, you are close, but no cigar.

Will leave this till lunchtime ish to see if there is anyone sad enough to have a better go.

Any more questions out there?

Chimp

Skeet

Platinum Member
A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.

Thats the simple answer, but there were varying theories, some of them partially right...however, Einstein sussed it in 1911, it's the Nitrogen and Oxygen molecules in the air, are the ones responsible for defracting the red light...not dust as was though possible.

Naturally, I researched this, to expand upon my original understanding...so to bluff your way, mention the first paragraph, then mention the Tyndall effect, then say that Einstein sussed it in 1911. There is more too it, but..like...arssed!

Morph

Whoo!! I got a star!! :)
Apr 16, 2003
bar prop
Visit site
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
I remember seeing a demo of why the sky is blue...involved a fishtank of water, with a lamp behind...lamp shone through as expected...he then added some liquid detergent or something...which, as was suggested, did something, that made the water blue in lamp light, but not without it.
Did it kill the fish? :D :p :D

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Apparently, there is a 6 letter word, that becomes twelve, when you take one letter away, and 68% of the poulation cant find an answer.

It took me, one instantaneous, stupid answer...then about 1 min proper thinking, while driving, to suss it...how about you lot?
PM me the answer.
Right, Collier and Lo Scannacristiani are right!