Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

angel or cocker

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
so an angel is more of a get it and go type of marker?i do like cockers i just dont want to have to mess with my marker every time i go out,or do you just have to set them up now and then?

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
what about cockers tho?do they have to be fiddled with all the time to get them right?and what tom37 said about his mate bens problems with his e2 cocker,are these common problems?

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Originally posted by baker21
so an angel is more of a get it and go type of marker?i do like cockers i just dont want to have to mess with my marker every time i go out,or do you just have to set them up now and then?
When I first got an IR3 I fiddled with it a bit, and soon set it back to factory settings, runs fine just like that. Just make sure the battery's charged :)

There are a few things you can fiddle with if you really want, but they're more gadgets than actually changing the performance of your marker (game timers etc). You can change the max rof to match your hopper (default is 15) and turn the COPS on and off, but their really isnt much else to do.

Look after it, clean it between games, put some lovejuice through it every 3 or 4 cases of paint and get it serviced once in a while, which doesnt cost a huge amount, £15 or £20 depending on who you get to do it. I've always used LiPS but Tom Allen on here is a safe bet as well.

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
are either of these guns better in diffrent places on the playing field?angel better at back?cocker better at front?or the other way round or is there no diffrence?

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
I'd say there was no difference at all, it just depends on what you like and how you've got the market set up. A lot of people say that "closed bolt" markers like the cocker are more accurate than "open bolt" designs like the Angel, but I've certainly never had an accuracy problem with either of my Angel's (I use an Evil Pipe kit, but the stock barrels are pretty good anyway).

It is always going to come down to personal preference at the end of the day, some people may like the feel of a specific marker when playing in a certain position.

If the paint to barrel match is good, then open and closed bolt guns are equally accurate.

Closed bolt guns have problems if the paint is too small for the barrel, because the ball is allowed to roll into the barrel before it is fired.

The cocker and the angel will be around the same air efficiency too. The older angels are slightly more efficient than a cocker, the newer ones slightly less.

Really there is no such thing as a 'back player gun' or 'front player gun'.

How your gun is setup reflects whereyou play.
For example if you played up front, you would use a small 0.74l air bottle.
If you play at the back, where you would carry more paint then you would need a 1.1l.

Or slap a newton valve on your angel and play back with a 0.74l :cool:

Dead_Snakey

MakeItOrBreakIt2124917253
Oct 23, 2005
SALISBURY
Visit site
Buy an Angel and ull be hooked...

Plenty of expert advice around from the likes of John C Tom Allen and Mgj2002_uk..

Get a cheap Angel....
use it for a while...
then when uve got sum cash...
Spitfire it!!

satchmo84

Keith's Sisters Room
Mar 30, 2005
Rotten North
www.manc-reds.com
John c:
can i have my speed 06 "spitfired" ?

what does it do??

everyone talks about this mod like its the dogs danglies, but i dont actually know what it does!
Will it make my paint hit people when i shoot at them??