Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angel or Ego?

The_neB

#42 Sneaky Snorkels 2
May 14, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs, UK
hey mate, i own an 06ego and an A1 and i think what u need to have your own "fanboy" opinion

you need to play with both guns and decide which fits your playing style - i find that personally i can hold a better lane on the ego and am more consistant with both hands

but the a1 is just as good and has never let me down it's just my playing style that has lead me to prefer my ego

i haven't played with an 07 yet but can imagine it will be more of the same

if you play masters (5man) feel free to come find me n i'll happily let u try out my a1/ego so u can get a feel of em

good luck
Ben

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
In what respect would you say the A1 is years ahead.

Only thing I can think of is the blackbury style wheel / bright shiny display. Hardly a quantem leap in design?
Well lets go back to 1999 with an internal lpr, but i'll quote 2003 for a technical gain. Then there's the friction less ram, oled display, tool free eye removal, larger hp air chamber, larger lp gas galleries.;)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Oi, no handbags in my thread! :D

Thanks for all the comments so far - tbh I've not held either marker, let alone fired them, although I've used non-A1 Angels before.

I'm keen to get something which I can fault-find and fix on my own, without having to ship it off when it goes pop. I like the idea of being able to flash software updates onto the A1 directly, however from what I've seen the design is slightly more complex than the Ego?

In terms of stripping, lubing, general day to day maintenance, how do they compare? Does either consume loads of o-rings etc?

Thanks for all the comments so far - tbh I've not held either marker, let alone fired them, although I've used non-A1 Angels before.

I'm keen to get something which I can fault-find and fix on my own, without having to ship it off when it goes pop. I like the idea of being able to flash software updates onto the A1 directly, however from what I've seen the design is slightly more complex than the Ego?

In terms of stripping, lubing, general day to day maintenance, how do they compare? Does either consume loads of o-rings etc?
Ego for ease of maintenance:)

Im certain both guns are equally simple to maintain.

Tom, your right that the Ego is basicly the Angel LCD. From layout through to operating pressure.

But that just shows what a goddam awesome design the Angel LCD was.
And the success of the ego shoes that larger gass galeries and a pint of volume inside the gun are not as important as ergonomic improvements and saving weight.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff

Both guns are as easy on o-rings as each other, and you could own either gun and never take it apart for at least 100,000 shots, as long as you lube them correctly.