The Home Of European Paintball

Angel or Ego?

DeepPyro

Burn Baby Burn
Sep 8, 2005
Durham, England
WWW.vudoo.co.uk
I would like to think so:confused:

I would not class myself in the same league as yourself / John, but I like taking things apart.
Well anyone can do that;)

The trick is being able to put them back together.....correctly :D

Would like to know too.

Back on thread, have tried both, prefer the EGO7. IMO feels better in the hand. But try before you ftw.

I personally own two 06 EGO's

DP

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Tell that to the IR3 that is in 100 bits in my room!:p

Devine intervention is the only thing that will get it back together!:eek:
Ok here's a good test, have a look at the speed 03 manual and the ego 05, compare the exploded diagrams and that may give you some insights into the designs.

With your IR3 get some o-rings and have a go.:)

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I have found Egos and Angels to be the easiest markers to maintain.
Read the manuals, oil and lube in the right places, change o'rings when necessary is all there is to them.

Both WDP and Planet markers are just as reliable as the other, and any marker will perform the same once setup right.

Look after any marker and you shouldnt have any problems.
When people say certain markers are crap, and keep breaking down, its usually they either take them apart not knowing what there doing, messing around with settings, or even a dead battery:rolleyes:

I have shot both the A1 and Ego 07, both are very nice. Its all down to personal preference in how each marker feel in each individuals hands to make a decision on buying either.

No one can really make that decision for you ,but yourself.

Daniel Mcateer

Aug 12, 2005
Birmingham
Visit site
I've shot both an A1 and the 07 Ego, My basic Personal preferance is the Ego. After playing a tournement or two with the A1 i have to say theres no other marker i'd shoot. I just find the bang for your buck is better with the A1 than 07 Ego, not going to get into the Which is the better marker Argument because it can be argued either way, but id just say, if you can get an A1 you wont be dissapointed in the slightest. Its a highly under-rated gun and doesnt get the publicity and recognition it deserves.

Ok here's a good test, have a look at the speed 03 manual and the ego 05, compare the exploded diagrams and that may give you some insights into the designs.

With your IR3 get some o-rings and have a go.:)
I am looking at the two, yet stuggling to see any great similarities.

You could argue that the core basic components are the same? But In terms of layout they could not be any more different:confused:

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I am looking at the two, yet stuggling to see any great similarities.

You could argue that the core basic components are the same? But In terms of layout they could not be any more different:confused:
Now if you'd said that the other way round you would have been closer.

Look at the position of the ram-exhaust valve-bolt

Then exhaust valve-high pressure chamber-lpr.

Then ram-solenoid

The only real difference is the ego has it's solenoid below the ram, and the Angel has it above the ram.